What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi!
We have had some pretty weather for last few weeks. The cool temps at night and plenty of sun and warm days really made my sundews happy (especially the south americans). here I took some shots today,,hope you like them :)

drosera graomogolensis (definitely one of the most elegant and beautiful for me). The sun made her colour up nicely and will be flowering for me for the first time!
DSCF0033-2.jpg

drosera ascendens "red hairy form"
DSCF0055-3.jpg

drosera ascendens 'Palmeira' with interesting shape of the leaves
DSCF0031-1.jpg

drosera hitrella/lutescens (a.k.a. veeeeeery slow grower:) )
DSCF0040-2.jpg

drosera graminifolia - it is hard to take a good picture of her because of the complicated focis- she is all over the place :)
DSCF0036-2.jpg

drosera montana var. schwackei - a newcomer to my collection, seems she likes the conditions so far
DSCF00022-2.jpg

drosera brevifolia 'Bolsa Nova, Parana'
DSCF0015-11.jpg

drosera capillaris 'Colombia'
DSCF0020-5.jpg

drosera ramentacea - just adjusting her to sun slowly,,still pale, hopefully will colour up a bit later
DSCF0032-2.jpg

drosera hilaris 'Stellenbosch'
DSCF0011-10.jpg

drosera slackii x capensis (I think when it comes to speed of growth she took more after d. slackii and is not as easy as I thought she would be as well)
DSCF0018-10.jpg

drosera trinervia
DSCF0012-9.jpg

drosera adelae, drosera peltata and heliamphora minor
DSCF0028-3.jpg

drosera anglica 'Hawaii'
DSCF0023-5.jpg

drosera spatulata var. bakoensis - the smallest pygmy spatulata, very cute
DSCF0046-1.jpg

drosera spatulata var. lovellae
DSCF0022-3.jpg

drosera capensis "Albino form"
DSCF0047-4.jpg

drosera schizandra
DSCF0002-23.jpg

drosera prolifera
DSCF0008-18.jpg

drosera neocaledonica
DSCF0010-11.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice sundews:)!

Wow :drool:
That Drosera graomogolensis an Heliamphora minor are omazing

So nice!

Very nice, thanks for sharing this inspiring assortment! Very excited to see D. peltata. I have seeds of it starting to germinate in my greenhouse now!

That is just so awesome...everything looks so happy!!!

Good lord.. Your threads are like the pygo neps of the dew community. Just stunning in every aspect.

HOLY MOTHER OF DEW!!!!!!! :-O thanks for the spectacular show!

Holy whatever was just said above! AMAZING dews :drool:

excuse me as i try to reattach my lower jaw back to my face.....

holy amazing sundews, Batman!

What are the growing conditions of your Graminifolia?

I tried it a couple times and each one ended in the plant death within a month. Supposedly it's an easy plant (so say all the nurseries) but I am horrible growing that and Drosera capensis. Meanwhile, I can grow a Cephalotus or Heliamphora with ease

I have some Capensis for 3 months and they are doing pretty well, even after transplantation(they are growing some flowers for 1 week now). The temperature i grow them is by day of 30*C and max they had 36*C, and by night, down to 20*C, these days the temps drop down to even 13*C. IMO they are not so hard to take care of. Try again! :D

Thank you for very nice comments :)
@Wolfn: d. graminifolia behaves like a typical south american sundew except grows slower than others and is less tolerant to overheating. Best conditions are nights 12-18C days 20-25C 50% humidity lots of pure water. It is harder to establish a large specimen but then it is more tolerant.
D. capensis is immortal weed 1st class:)

Are those D. arcturi seedlings growing in your D. brevifolia pot?

Yes, that is correct. Those are deflasked plants of drosera arcturi (the smaller form from Tasmania- Gelignite Creek).

Back