Likes Likes:  0
Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dew Line

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The warm weather has been very good for the plants, but not the water bill.

D. admirabilis - shot in open shade and under direct sun so you can see what a difference lighting makes

D. madagascarensis Presqu’ile de Masoala, Madagascar - I moved this indoors the first winter I had it 3-4 years ago. I never bothered to put it outdoors again until a few weeks ago. It has died back to the roots 2-3 times although the last time was from being choked out by D. aliciae. What does it do? It starts to flower.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love those admirabilis..

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man-made D. tokaiensis - non-fertile (triploid?) pink vs white flower

Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    really great pics, everyone!!! I was a bit worried that the Ultramafica would prove to be spatulata 'Tamlin' or something similar, but Ron's pics alleviate some of my worries, since they look like Siggi's pics from a while back.
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

Happy Growing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPlantaholic View Post
    really great pics, everyone!!! I was a bit worried that the Ultramafica would prove to be spatulata 'Tamlin' or something similar, but Ron's pics alleviate some of my worries, since they look like Siggi's pics from a while back.
    It 'seems' like the real deal to my very non-discerning eyes. The largest is unfurling a stalk - so that should be interesting.

Edit: after looking at the pics, my plants looks identical to Siggi's but quite different from Francois Mey's plants -- again to my taxonomically-deficient eyes ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Peatmoss View Post
    Where did you get yours Ron? Was it from one of the CZ shops, or domestically as seed? I got mine from BCP. Should be legit...
    Mine are the same clone's as CPlantaholic's. I also have a few growing from seed (different source) but they are exceedingly slow and have been overgrown by mosses a few times with some casualties.

Also, I wouldn't say that because Kamil sells something that it is a confirmed ID. He sells a U. longifolia x U. alpina that appears identical to a U. longifolia (although I now see that he has added question marks by it). In other words, he can be quick to list a plant without having 100% confirmed ID (imho).
    Last edited by RL7836; 09-10-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where did you get yours Ron? Was it from one of the CZ shops, or domestically as seed? I got mine from BCP. Should be legit...

Added 09/07/12 6:24PM:

Yeah, was referring to the location data as "seeming legit" it comes from some difficult to pronounce mountain in Palawan (Mt. Matanjang something....) hopefully the included location data means it is the true species, but who knows? My small plants appear to resemble Francois smaller plants, hopefully they are the samething.

Good luck with your seeds! Hopefully they will eventually do as well as your plants.
    Last edited by Peatmoss; 09-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera Intermedia "Cuba" is putting out some really nice leaves!

And the Adelae Clump

Drosera Roseana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh boy, well after looking into things a bit further tonight, it seems as tho Siggi has come upon a realization about his "D. ultramafica" recently X/: http://forum.carnivoren.org/index.ph...a/#entry152894 (It's all in German).
    Even Tobias, who received seeds from Siggi is certainly growing D. spatulata based on his picture here: http://forum.carnivoren.org/index.ph...a/#entry152046

Here is a picture of the same plants grown by Tobias, which look eerily similar to ours:

So at least we now know there are mix-ups occurring out there. I'll have to email him for more details, but I'm guessing this is what happened, based on the pictures on that thread:
    1. Grower receives Ultramafica seeds and sows them
    2. a rogue spatulata pops up along with a few true D. ultramafica
    3. D. spatulata looks somewhat similar when young, so they collected seeds from this plant
    4. Sowed a pot full of D. spatulata labeled as "ultramafica"
    5. Traded with many german growers, one of which sends some seeds to unsuspecting grower in US
    6. horrible mis-labeling "pandemic" ensues.

Quote Originally Posted by RL7836 View Post
    It 'seems' like the real deal to my very non-discerning eyes. The largest is unfurling a stalk - so that should be interesting.

Edit: after looking at the pics, my plants looks identical to Siggi's but quite different from Francois Mey's plants -- again to my taxonomically-deficient eyes ...
    Mine are the same clone's as CPlantaholic's. I also have a few coming from seed (different source) but they are exceedingly slow and have been overgrown by mosses a few times with some casualties.

Also, I wouldn't say that because Kamil sells something that it is a confirmed ID. He sells a U. longifolia x U. alpina that appears identical to a U. longifolia (although I now see that he has added question marks by it). In other words, he can be quick to list a plant without having 100% confirmed ID (imho).
    Last edited by CPlantaholic; 09-10-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: found pictures
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

Happy Growing!