0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That 3d pics pretty cool

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a very similar problem with D. roraimae. Since being transplanted last Sept. my largest plant has gone into some sort of stasis with a top cluster of unformed leaves. On the other hand I have two plantlets formed from leave cuttings off of the same plant that are happy as can be. Both are growing in the same terra. I'm mystified.

I really like the 3-D photo (nice plants too.) Would you be willing share how you made it, NaN?
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't cross my eyes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I cross my eyes with difficulty I image you guys leaning into your screens with crossed eyes too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is my frasier island , thanks to crystall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Number, really nice stereo image....
    I've seen some before, and that one is one of the best I have seen.
    Some really lack a wide focal plane, and look just barely 3D, but that one looks fully 3D.
    It looks like I have a pot of gablripes sitting on my keyboard.

What is your technique for making them?

For the people who have trouble seeing it, they can be really hard to see if you haven't done it before.
    Just keep trying, and you will get it eventually.
    It is easiest if you are not right up next to the screen, but rather 18" or so back from it.
    Hope I helped!
    -bananaman

Please check out My Growlist!

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To present a stereo vision effect (aka "3D") you need to present the left and right eye with images take at slightly different angles. So basically take one photo then shift the camera position to the right or left about 2.5-3 inches (average distance between the centers of the human eyes). With a small subject I use a tripod and a focus rail. The rail is set so the horizontal movement is perpendicular to the subject. Exposure, zoom should be the same in both photos - use manual modes. Everything as much as possible should be in focus, horizontal lines should be parallel with the top or bottom frame line, vertical position should be the same in each frame. You may have to fix this in post-processing. Paste the "left-eye" image on the left, the "right-eye" on the right. If you don't get a stereo effect try swapping the positions. If properly photographed flipping back and forth through the right/left images should appear to be rotating slightly to the right and left.

You can do the post-processing in most photo-editors such as Photoshop and/or use StereoPhotoMaker (freeware) which has some nice tools for aligning and cropping the image. Exposure, level adjustment and sharpening is better done in Photoshop or whatever. You can also create "anaglyph" 3D images - but you need red/blue or magenta/green eyeglasses to view them. StereoPictureMaker will make interlaced photos for use with "shutter" eyeglasses with some Sharp monitors (the system 3D TV monitors are using).

If you have trouble crossing your eyes try making a frame with your hands and holding the "frame" less than halfway between your eyes and the monitor. Focus on the frame and move it back and forth until you see the stereo image.

Here's the presumed hybrid D. ultramafica spatulata. I think the effect works nicely with this one.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.