Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dew Line

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hybrid
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drosera admirabilis

D. slackii - nice and dew for a change

though the mother plant looks like crap. I thought I would leave the skirt on it instead of trimming it off and burying the stem when I last repotted it. Big mistake I think.

D. glabripes

D. graomogolensis

Some pygmies

D. ultramafica spatulata or whatever it is

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Love the D. admirabilis. Those look great and remind me why I've been meaning to grow that one. My experience with my D. slackii when I trimmed the dead leaves and sunk the plant in deeper was it took months to start growing normally again. 'Thing is totally happy now but if I mess with its roots it pouts for many weeks. Younger plants don't seem to mind as much.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The presumed hybrid Byblis 'Goliath' guehoi F2 generation. Seeds fell into pot when collecting the capsules, untreated with GA3. These took many months to germinate. The plants are much slower growing than the F1 generation. The wide plant I found growing in the water tray behind the pot. I transferred it into the pot. It's about 1.5 inches tall vs the 0.5 - 0.75 inches of the plants that germinated in the media. I gave away the plants I started with GA3.

Drosera pygmaea

D. paleacea ssp trichocaulis

D. helodes

D. lasiantha

D. pulchella

D. callistos
    Last edited by Not a Number; 07-01-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a Number: I have to say that your pygmy photos do tempt me to grow some of a group I haven't really considered.

D. x hybrida - tetraploid, fertile.

I was recently given some leaf cuttings from the tetraploid D. x hybrida. Do you know what the story is there?
    - Mark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you got the cuttings from John B.

D. hybrida was introduced into Butterfly Valley (famous for being where Darlingtonia was first "discovered" by Europeans) maybe a couple decades ago. The culprits have been identified but will remain nameless. Harry Tryon either collected seeds or cuttings from a plant in-situ before the cleanup which turned out to be fertile. This is a natural alloploid and has not been treated with Colchicine to induce polyploidy. The population of D. hybrida has since been eradicated as it is a protected environment. John B. reports one of the plants in his collection that was taken during the eradication appears to have produced fertile seed also.

The plant I have is one of Harry's seedlings. John B. should be publishing a follow up article to his previous article on D. hybrida in the CPN.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! 'Quite the interesting story.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wanted to share the progress of my petiolaris drosera. im pretty excited about these. i did not take any photos of the paradoxa since i recently decapitated it and kenneallyi has entered its unattractive dormancy phase (ie dying back to a little turd)

ordensis, wide leaf form:

fulva

dilatatopetiolaris

lanata

falconeri

caduca, the one on the left isnt dead. it's sleeping. no really, for realz.

thanks for taking a look. here's an artsy fartsy shot of lanata as a token of appreciation:
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread