Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff waking up for the winter
    D. trinervia - this colony is over 7 year old now

D. cistiflora pink flower

D. hookeri

D. hamiltonii - the blue pot I'm hoping contains a different clone from the others and maybe I can get seed this summer. These are dewy most of the time in deep pots.

D. admirabilis

D. aliciae

Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice looking plants! My cistiflora and hookeri woke up a month or two ago, but your cistiflora are a lot larger than mine.... I hope I can keep them through another summer....
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice NAN,especially like your hamiltonii,how deep are the pots ,i have a couple of small plants from leaf cuttings and would like to plant them up soon,cheers
    Last edited by corky; 01-11-2014 at 05:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. Madagascariensis

Was shipped from Alaska, which in hindsight was a mistake. We'll see if he survives.

D. Graomogolensis

The top one is in a shoebox container with LFS growing. The bottom one is in a Dunecraft cube terra, and is doing a bit ... I was gonna say bad, but "different." That oddly shaped leaf in the first one is growing straight up, almost like capensis or filiformis, but is just as big as the ones on the other plant I think it needs to be moved a bit more under the lights.

D. Spatulata

The two that are doing the best. Note all the siblings that didn't survive shipping.

D. Filiformis 'Florida Red?'

I don't think it does but... does D. Filiformis send up a non-carnivorous leaf initially? It's either that or the Mosser Lee LFS has grass seed in it, again.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    nice NAN,especially like your hamiltonii,how deep are the pots ,i have a couple of small plants from leaf cuttings and would like to plant them up soon,cheers
    I'd recommend 6 inch or deeper. They seem much happier with consistent dew production and hopefully flowers. They don't produce as many offshoots so if propagation is your aim use shallower (4 inch or so) pots.

Quote Originally Posted by mcantrell View Post
    D. Madagascariensis

Was shipped from Alaska, which in hindsight was a mistake. We'll see if he survives.

D. Graomogolensis

The top one is in a shoebox container with LFS growing. The bottom one is in a Dunecraft cube terra, and is doing a bit ... I was gonna say bad, but "different." That oddly shaped leaf in the first one is growing straight up, almost like capensis or filiformis, but is just as big as the ones on the other plant I think it needs to be moved a bit more under the lights.

D. Spatulata

The two that are doing the best. Note all the siblings that didn't survive shipping.

D. Filiformis 'Florida Red?'

I don't think it does but... does D. Filiformis send up a non-carnivorous leaf initially? It's either that or the Mosser Lee LFS has grass seed in it, again.
    The first leaves from a seed are cotyledons which are non-carnivorous so unless it is a germinating seed it probably isn't D. filiformis. Which by the way would probably be dormant unless it is one of the "Florida Red" that doesn't go dormant (not all of them are dormancy free).

Excellent! Happy growing!
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers NAN,i will have some in shallow and some in deep and see how they grow

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post

The first leaves from a seed are cotyledons which are non-carnivorous so unless it is a germinating seed it probably isn't D. filiformis. Which by the way would probably be dormant unless it is one of the "Florida Red" that doesn't go dormant (not all of them are dormancy free).

Excellent! Happy growing!
    It is Florida Red, and it is germinating seed - just donno if it's a weed seed or filiformis. Three batches, one was in the fridge, one was in it's own clay pot, and one was in a pot of LFS. The only activity has been the one from the fridge - which is that photo up there.

However, I seem to remember from the last time I tried to grow it, Filiformis's cotyledons still have dew on them?