What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Dew Line

^^^ I agree. The glabripes is stunning.

Very interesting D. anglica!!

I also love the D. glabripes. Looks very healthy and well cared for.

very nice warren! nice to see so many finicky plants grow so well for you!

B684C147.jpg

Here's an "awesome" picture of my one-n-only drosera burmannii humpty doo red seedling.
Taken with a clock magnifying lense and an iPhone camera. :D

Homedawg76: Mother of thousands....

Well it feels as if the Dog Days of Summer are finally upon me, with the heat many things are picking up. Some of the winter growers decided to start waking up (one after 10-11 months of dormancy). Others are going to sleep.

D. cistiflora - channeling D. trinervia
IMGP7652.jpg

Drosera aberrans
IMGP7622.jpg

IMGP7628.jpg

IMGP7627.jpg

Drosera madagascarensis - doing great after dying back from being choked out by D. aliciae - repotted.
IMGP7654.jpg

D. graminifolia
IMGP7656.jpg

D. admirabilis holotype small form (note self-repot and sow seeds of larger form)
IMGP7637.jpg

D. echinoblastus
IMGP7641.jpg

so nice Warren! glad to see them doing so well for you!

Hmmm, my ultramafica looks like crap, hopefully the leaf cuttings will strike and I can start fresh.. Need to feed the plants as well...

Is that an inermis upper I see in your picture? :0o:
LOL - I don't know ??? (how the heck did you pick that out?) It appears to be transitioning to uppers but the last pitcher still had a small peristome. It IS definitely starting to vine though as I've got to keep repositioning it to keep the new growth out of the lights. :censor:

LOL - I don't know ??? (how the heck did you pick that out?) It appears to be transitioning to uppers but the last pitcher still had a small peristome. It IS definitely starting to vine though as I've got to keep repositioning it to keep the new growth out of the lights. :censor:

I've taken a shot of someone else's before that looked a lot like that - http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo/nep house of joel/PA160033.jpg

And woohoo! :hi5: How tall is it then? A foot? Mine was already kind of tall when I got it from Wistuba but I'd say it's only 4" or 5" tall and definitely still has peristomes. They definitely... it's sort of a cresent moon/convex shape lid when it's still pasted to the top of the pitcher before it opens on the top if it's an upper. If it's still flat across I think it's not an upper yet. Here's some other of those upper pitcher pictures if it helps determine it http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo/nep house of joel/PA160034.jpg && http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo/nep house of joel/PA160011.jpg && http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz100/thez_yo/nep house of joel/PA160032.jpg. I wish I had managed to snag a shot of the side of an unopened pitcher :down:.

:offtopic::lac:

And woohoo! :hi5: How tall is it then? A foot?
Close :clap: It's roughly 13" of stem - not counting the last few inches of developing pitcher & petiole.

Yeah - I was thinking that also - Isn't this a dew forum & a dew thread? LOL

To keep this on topic (as he quickly trots to basement to snap a pic) --- a few D. prolifera in the bottom of one of my tanks
Dprolifera083112.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow they are still pretty!

NaN: Sorry :hail: I'll retreat to my neppy-hide-out.. and leave you with these pygmies and some admirabilis
DSC_0023.jpg

and graomogolensis
DSC_0024.jpg

Love the graom!

Drosera collinsiae in flower.
7904904102_b68cffbe45_c.jpg

Great looking sundews!

Thought I'd post some of mine since I love sundews.

My latest acquisition. I've always wanted a graomogolensis ever since I saw sundewman's, so this summer I acquired some. They were in the mail for 3 weeks and the summer was starting to get too hot. I thought I would get mush by then, but they were fine when I received them.
In a low light terrarium,
CameraZOOM-20120813220326251.jpg

and one outside on a shady area beside a regia that doesn't like the heat.
DgraoR6by4.jpg

Drosera regias and binatas,
DregiaR86.jpg

and an old pic of Drosera paradoxa, one early morning. Wish I had a better camera.
Picture023.jpg

Last edited:
just a few regia huh? nice.
And just to add to the graomo train..

IMG_2777.jpg

I need to get my plants up and moving again, these pics put me horribly ot shame. That is a lot of regias, and great work on those graomos guys!

I was able to almost capture the sparkling dewy goodness of some of my outdoors Drosera today.

D. scorpioides
IMGP7768copy.jpg

D. trinervia - looks like some D. venusta seedlings in the pot. They'll get weeded out when the D. trinervia goes dormant and I let the pot dry out.
IMGP7753copy.jpg

D. hamiltonii
IMGP7719copy.jpg

IMGP7724copy.jpg

let's try a an 8-point star filter (not enough contrast)
IMGP7744copy.jpg

IMGP7730copy.jpg

IMGP7733copy.jpg

IMGP7737copy.jpg

Some nice flair without the filter
IMGP7749copy.jpg

Oh wow :love: it's like the shiny snow in Winter-time Disney cartoons :0o:

Back