What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. capillaris forms

Here is one of mine. This one is from "Pensacola, Escambia County, Florida, US". I like it more than the typical capillaris. It seems easier to grow (some of my typical capillaris went into dormancy), and it has a slightly different look that I don't feel like trying to explain. :p

6221703914_0cb6db11c7_b.jpg

6221177761_327fc01951_z.jpg

Feel free to post pics of yours, although I only know of four forms.

ooh pretty
i like the long tenticles

Beautifully grown and nicely photographed. Does this variety need a dormancy?

- Mark

Thanks guys.

@Mark: Nope, not that I know of.

Nice looking plants!

Nice! I've got a 'long arm' myself which I just read on ICPS is supposedly from Pasco County...didn't even think to look up if there was a collection locale until your thread.

We have 2 varieties in Virginia. One is a white flower with medium length leaves, and the other is a pink flowered form with short leaves. There are probably more, I just can't think of them.

Awesome. I'm going to post pics of my typical and young long arm form tomorrow.

Pics of my 'long arm'

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

IMG_2909.jpg

Wish mine looked more like yours JP..

100_8638.jpg

And I certainly wish some of mine looked more like yours Mass :lol:

But I've found this to be one of the easiest and most prolific dews I've ever tried. Thing flowers almost weekly it seems!

i got a long arm Seminole county that I grew from seed
its 1 1/2 across ,how large will it get

Sweet plants!!!

@Mickey: 1 1/2 what? Inches? Centimeters?

Here's my little guy:
6242192300_169418d3a5_b.jpg

6241673527_dd0c69f685_b.jpg

I had a few larger ones before, but I traded them away. I got the seeds from CPlantaholic, and he said that they were originally D. sp. "belem" but were relabeled to D. capillaris "long arm", which is exactly what it looks like to me.

And here is my typical form, which I admit looks kind of crappy...
6241674335_281b9b2648_b.jpg

My other ones went into dormancy, and then pretty much died. :p
6241675203_00962144a6_z.jpg

1 1/2inches sorry I didn't write that,I also have "belem seed but never planted them

Back