What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera coccicaulis "albino"

Someone on chat didn't believe me, but it exists!!!

My plant isn't all that healthy, but it's proof. I got the seeds from Ignace on cpuk, and the plant is probly 7 or 9 months old.

I prefer the name D. venusta "alba" since the coccicaulis form and venusta are the same (So I've heard). I don't use the word "albino" because it can get a bit of pink, so it's not truly albino.

Pics:

6277271811_4a5bdcb6e1_b.jpg

6277795772_0f715eb974_b.jpg

6277797550_de4401958b_z.jpg

And here it is next to D. sp "Lantua Island" which is growing right next to it.
6277798388_54935f066d_b.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics.

Yes, it exists. People have posted about this plant before:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120114

Note: Drosera coccicaulis is not a valid species name, no description has been validly published or accepted. Drosera venusta is a valid name. The online Carnivorous Plant Database lists Drosera venusta as synonymous with Drosera natalensis.

Please note that this database is Dr. Jan Schlauer's personal database and some of the taxon reordering and nomenclature changes are his alone.

Yes, it exists. People have posted about this plant before:
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120114

Note: Drosera coccicaulis is not a valid species name, no description has been validly published or accepted. Drosera venusta is a valid name. The online Carnivorous Plant Database lists Drosera venusta as synonymous with Drosera natalensis.

Please note that this database is Dr. Jan Schlauer's personal database and some of the taxon reordering and nomenclature changes are his alone.

Thanks for the info. Makes more sense to me now...

From what I've read so far "coccicaulis" may be a form of D. venusta, the leaves tend stand more upright rather than low to the ground a most D. natalensis or D. venusta:

cocciaulis1.jpg

No doubt there are probably those how feel it deserves species status.

Interesting. In my opinion, D. coccicaulis and D. venusta are the same, but vary in form. Just like D. capensis varies in form, but it will always just be D. capensis.

Amazing pic and plant btw.

It's fake. I can see the strings..

Back