Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera coccicaulis vs. venusta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, so should I change D. coccicaulis "albino" to D. venusta "coccicaulis, albino" ?

@Jpappy: I think that D. dielsiana and D. natalensis are different in seed shape. I heard from Cplantaholic (I think) that D. dielsiana seeds are round, and D. natalensis are not.

Also, it is just my opinion, that D. natalensis and D. venusta should not be classified as the same. The upright leaves of D. venusta really set it apart from D. natalensis to me. But, they have the same leaf shape and those tall flower stalks with similar flowers, and they both grow in South Africa, right? I dunno though, it's just my opinion. :P

I hate bugs. Carnivorous plants get me. jpappy789's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. I currently have venusta but am starting the other two from seed. I love having more plants but would be a shame if they are just going to be the same thing...
    -Josh
    Grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arise, Zombie Thread!

But I do this with a good reason - I still see "coccicaulis" being used in the trade and hobby, and I have a question.

While it's easy enough to find discussions about "coccicaulis" simply being a "nomen dubium" or whatever the term is, from where did that particular plant originate? That I can't find. I like locality data, so if anyone knows where Debbert collected the particular plants that were given that name, that would be groovy.

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Magic 8 Ball said, "Without a doubt"! I don't believe it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12