Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: D lusitanicum new start

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice droso! Mine are doing the same thing, bushing out and starting new plants from the base. The flower stalks also are putting out leaves, debating wether to cut them because I am afraid they will topple the flower stalks before the seed pods are ripe. Good luck on the little guy.
    Last edited by DJ57; 05-30-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mighty fine droso, Tony! Looks so good. Mine are behind yours agewise but I doubt they'll look as robust in the future. Dunno if it's the media mix factor or the watering regime, but there's definitely a difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima View Post
    Mighty fine droso, Tony! Looks so good. Mine are behind yours agewise but I doubt they'll look as robust in the future. Dunno if it's the media mix factor or the watering regime, but there's definitely a difference.
    We have had a very early and much warmer than usual Spring, so I took advantage of that when I could and get them into the sun. The upgrade on the lights (page 4) to the 105w CFL also made a noticeable difference. It is soooo much better than those CLF spotlights I was struggling with at the start.

My mix is chunky perlite, sand, a little peat, a touch of vermiculite (I think that was everything). I use RO water a couple times a week right now. Sometimes I just fill the tray at the bottom and other times I give it a good soak from the top, either way I let the tray stay dry a few days before watering again. We also have plenty of insects here so the plant is always catching lots to eat.
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These are the biggest of my bunch. I am so hoping in the next few months they'll look as good as Tony's, though I have serious doubts about that!

ps. I have a few single ones in different pots, those are relatively bigger though they are much younger. Maybe this means it was a bad idea to sow more than one seed per pot...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've culled the plants down to 5 and my biggest one has put on some size but still nowhere as robust as Tony's...I've noticed that it's not catching much, I wonder if it's starving. My nepenthes have been showing signs of nutrient deficiency as well. It's really odd, this time last summer they were overloaded with various insects but this year I don't see anything...Just moths and mosquitos basically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys! How are your young plants doing ?

I've built my baby a small tower, talk about overkill

It's 10 by 31 inches, should be good for a while!

As you know I had more than a few seedlings so I experimented as much as I could. I realized that specimens that remain small are always rootbound. Some seedlings have longer roots than others, I don't know why but if you have a seedling that's not as vigorous as the others, I'd say it's most likely rootbound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An update on my Droso. It has a good 8 or so inch leaf span now and is catching tons of bugs. It really took a huge leap in it's growth when I took it out from under florescent lights and put it outside. Sorry the pics aren't the best...

Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! Love that rock, gives it more of a natural look.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast