What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuberous season

I just noticed that I had some D. peltata seeds germinate and was wondering if they benefit from feeding?

Thanks

Drosera menziesii ssp. menziesii Feb 20, 2012

DSC_00030002_8_hf.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I just noticed that I had some D. peltata seeds germinate and was wondering if they benefit from feeding?

Thanks

They do benefit from feeding. Need to plan that dormancy is coming in a few months. need to build up the stored energy to make a nice big tuber for nice big plant in the fall. I suppose very similar to annuals in terms of need for food.

Got it, thanks! I will stuff them with food!

Nice flowers on those, hope my menziesii seeds germinate.

Gorgeous Mach.
I suppose I could throw this one in here as well.
D. macrophylla ssp. monantha

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

Are you sure that is a form of D. macrophylla ssp. monantha? It looks much more like a form of D. tubaestylus.

Are you sure that is a form of D. macrophylla ssp. monantha? It looks much more like a form of D. tubaestylus.

wow.. yeah it does! I just went off what the tuber was labeled as. So no, I'm not "sure" that's what it is.

This is what the earlier growth looked like before it died away. Hard to believe it's the same plant.

IMG_8892.jpg

thanks for the beautiful show, mach and mass!

AHHH It's Tuberous Season again! Actually quite a few things have been poppping up and some have already gone past on flowers but here is a new one that is flowering for the first time and I thought it was perty!
D. aff tubaestylis Brookton
Emerging rosette (sorry slightly blurry)
Dros_aff_tubaestylisBrookton2CR.jpg

Flowering rosette
Dros_aff_tubaestylisBrookton1CR.jpg

It's always good to see tuberous dews! Nice plants!

Woo looking good Wire Man! Although it grows somewhat similar, technically not a tuberous Drosera. One of my favorites though if you can get it to flower! I managed to keep one alive for a few seasons, but it was back when I first started to grow these types of Drosera that needed a rest period and I kind of mistreated it ;/

A few for right now:
D. graniticola
DSC_0017-1.jpg

D. whittakeri
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0003-1.jpg

D. rupicola
DSC_0008-1.jpg

It's a real pleasure to see this thread sprout out again. I've got one or two species in pots but I'm a total newbie with tuberous 'dews. We'll see... At least I have more great photos to look forward to here.

Back