Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Drosophyllum in winter photo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drosophyllum in winter photo...

I just came across this photo, figured i'd share it for those who are scared about their droso living with rain/winter weather... I personally wouldn't try this with a plant under a year old, but i've heard of people doing this with adult plants.. And now found a photo..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow... I'd love to see the picture of it when spring comes around, just to verify.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome... Any photos of the plant in spring? I've heard that snow actually protects plants from cold temperatures, though having never had to deal with snow or temperatures more than a few degrees below freezing, I wouldn't know if that's true or not. The Czech Republic does get quite cold in the winter, much colder than what is normally stated as Drosophyllum 's low temperature limit. I wonder at what point the grower brings it inside...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, no other photos.. I just found that one on a foreign plant site. I've read that they can be cold hardy down to 20f, but I personally havent wanted to test mine lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I get several of these seeds to germinate this winter, I am going to leave one or two out all next winter to test this in large 12" pots and put this burning question to rest in my mind. I won't be surprised if they can survive a winter here in the pacific northwest, but will stock up on tums anyway I will take pics and document this here through the following spring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DJ, sweet! Looking foreward to the experiment