What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lil graos, etc.

bluemax

Lotsa blue
Supporter
When I made the trade which so generously allowed me to grow Drosera graomogolensis I was asked to post photos. It's taken awhile but I swear they have not been abused. This one's for you Wire Man.

mini-sPC6.jpg
A 4" pot now containing 3 clusters of plants.

mini-sPC5.jpg

mini-sPC4.jpg
The plant that was originally in this spot died almost immediately after a rough journey - but look what it left behind.

mini-sPC3.jpg
I was using bottom heat for awhile. Some of my Drosera got red leaves that lost their dew - my aliciae was the worst hit. Now all are recovering.

mini-sPC1.jpg
From the other side.

mini-sPC2.jpg

- Mark

nice :) congrats...
graomogolensis, atleast in my experience is very easy and quite rewarding...

Awesome little dews!

Those are some nice looking drosera you have there bluemax. :bigthumpup:

nice really want to get my hands on one in the new year

Very nice!

How many species of Sphagnum do you have growing in that pot?! Pretty little dews.

PVC pots? That's ingenious!

How many species of Sphagnum do you have growing in that pot?! Pretty little dews.

Thank you, Wire Man. I think all the visible growing sphag is one species. I am at a loss as to why it grows bright green sometimes and other times dark red. You can see how some heads of it are starting to change color. I love this stuff. It grows low and compact and is less likely to overwhelm small plants but it seems pretty tough and likes plenty of light.

Thanks, Mass. I can't take credit for the idea, tho'. PVC pipe allows for custom heights and widths of pots as needed - and it can be pretty cheap. My addition is putting a square base of scrap plexiglas hot-glued to the bottom. This way if you want to repot you can snap off the bottom and push the plant out from that side.

- Mark

Looking good Max!

If the sphagnum in the pictures are also from me, then the red and green sphagnum most likely (99% sure) both came from Meadowview.

Looking real good!

Dashman - Thanks a bunch! The sphagnum is the very same that you included.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone! I will probably use this thread to upload 'dew photos to later on - as in "etc."

I never get sick of looking at your dews.

Back