What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lazy Sarurday dewy pix.

JMatt

Stovepipe (The Beast) RIP My friend.
These are some of my tuberous dews, looking pretty good at the moment.
First is D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa sand form, my favorite!
Some divisions and the mother plaant of my D. graomogolensis. If you look close at the last picture you will see they are just starting to send up flower spikes.
Oh and Happy New Year everybody! Lets all hope we see 2013!
JMatt

dsc06090c.jpg

dsc06093t.jpg

dsc06094o.jpg

dsc06095e.jpg

dsc06096g.jpg

dsc06098ao.jpg

dsc06099z.jpg

Looking great JM. Do you not feed these? They look pretty clean.. And judging from the iNsAnE amount of dew on everything I'd guess they get a light fog at some point.. no?

Beautiful tuberous dews! You have a very clean looking set up. Amazing

Ooooh!!! They're all gorgeous!

Wowzers!!! Amazing collection :drool:

I love that menziesii! I sowed seed in August and am still waiting to see germination. Anyplace sell tubers of it, do you know?

love them all but see why you like the first one

Such amazing plants, JMatt! I always drool over D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa and yours are especially nice. I hope my graos grow up to look like yours.

- Mark

Gah those are so bloody gorgeous! good job!

Looking great JM. Do you not feed these? They look pretty clean.. And judging from the iNsAnE amount of dew on everything I'd guess they get a light fog at some point.. no?

Hey Mass, I do feed them once in a while with soaked blood worms. The graomo's will curl around it like a sandwich. I haven't in some time, but you can see in my big graomo picture that there are some little black specks on the leaves. Every now and then I get some very tiny flying critters in my tank, the plants make good use of them! My only dews that get fogged are the graomo's. They are in with my highland neps. They get fogged 3 times a day, 1/2 an hour at a time. They seem happy. I know the graomo's, plus my highland neps love this time of year in the basement. The temps range from around 45 degrees at night to 65-68 degrees daytime during the winter months.
JMatt

I'm getting temps about the same in the GH right now. Which is astounding considering it's indoors and completely temp. controlled. Not sure how the GH just magically dropped it's temps for winter. It's like.. the GH KNOWS!

Back