Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: new cape sundew

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday View Post
    Ya thats a sweet cape!

@Dex... Do you know how long cape pollen lasts, cuz I have a couple more flowers that are gonna open this week on my alba's scape and I can cutthem off to rub on my typical and red's flowers.. My typical is makig a scape now but my red isnt....
    I don't actually know, I haven't really been serious about cross pollinating D. capensis yet. Mine are still growing in size, probably will flower soonish.

Try saving it in the fridge, maybe? Or freezer. I really have zero experience with pollen of any kind to be completely honest.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've never tried to hand-pollinate capensis either; they self pollinate for me.

I let the big pink capensis flower and they set some seed if anyone wants a little. It seems like they should come out big and pink right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very neat and beautifully grown! Looks most likely to be a typical x "Red"?
    The F2 generation of plants from self-pollination may produce a wide variety of offspring, and it may even get cross-pollinated again by the D. 'Albino's' or others to make even other variations.
    Regardless, there should be some nice big genes in the offspring and I'll love to see what they look like

Maybe even try manually crossing the big ones and see if you can get any bigger
    Visit The Sundew Grow Guides: http://www.growsundews.com
    New- Drosera video tours & other sundew info, now on YouTube!

Happy Growing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm almost certain the original seeds came from albino plants, although the seed is like dust and I was saving other seeds at the time. Well that's an interesting idea to cross the big pink ones. They self pollinated this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by CPlantaholic View Post
    Very neat and beautifully grown! Looks most likely to be a typical x "Red"?
    The F2 generation of plants from self-pollination may produce a wide variety of offspring, and it may even get cross-pollinated again by the D. 'Albino's' or others to make even other variations.
    Regardless, there should be some nice big genes in the offspring and I'll love to see what they look like

Maybe even try manually crossing the big ones and see if you can get any bigger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are the nicest looking cape's I've ever seen. Love the interesting colours, and how big they are. congrats!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that first picture is amazing, really shows the size difference!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12