What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Little Tray...

IMG_0033.jpg

D. dielsiana (or at least that's what it was labeled as)

IMG_0032.jpg

D. spatulata

IMG_0027.jpg

D. spatulata x capensis

IMG_0016.jpg

D. aliciae

IMG_0026.jpg

D. capenis (Typical, Red, Albino, and Narrow leaf)

IMG_0019.jpg

Straight to my soft spot..
That little tray is gonna be blowing up in no time, you watch.

Straight to my soft spot..
That little tray is gonna be blowing up in no time, you watch.

Aw, thanks.

I was going to ask, does anybody know what that plant bordering the spatulata is? I was thinking maybe some sort of bladderwort hitch-hiked in...

Nice, should be crazy in no time as mass said.

That does look a lot like a bladderwort, wait and see if it flowers.

nice dews ,i had what i thought was a hitch hiking bladderwort in a few of my dew pots exacty the same looking leaves,it did not flower and i repoted so it didn't get into any more pots

Can't really be sure, but it looks like the 'leaves' of U. Livida(common in cultivation, and very prolific).

Looking pretty good!

Aw, thanks.

I was going to ask, does anybody know what that plant bordering the spatulata is? I was thinking maybe some sort of bladderwort hitch-hiked in...

Most definitely a utric of some sort. Looks like either bisquamata or sandersonii.

I see another frogger found their way to CPs... :lol:

that narrow leaf cape is one I'm yet to get my hands on. I dig the look of it..

It looks literally like an octopus!

I wish I could say I was a frogger, but I was never really satisfied with my twin 20's, so for now they're just pretty bromeliad chambers. Thanks for all the complements!

I had a question, if you can see in this picture i have a small what I believe is Cape 'narrow leaf' growing. How do I safely remove it without damaging either of the sundews?
IMG_0037.jpg

Also, it's ok to cut off the flower stalks, right?

I wish I could say I was a frogger, but I was never really satisfied with my twin 20's, so for now they're just pretty bromeliad chambers. Thanks for all the complements! They get fed bloodworms, but not too often.

I had a question, if you can see in this picture at the bottom right pot I have a small what I believe is Cape 'narrow leaf' growing by the dielsiana. How do I safely remove it without damaging either of the sundews?
IMG_0037.jpg

Also, it's ok to cut off the flower stalks, right?

i usually loosen the soil aroudn the roots of the plant to be removed, and carefully ease it up out of the soil. Afterward, pat the soil back down and water it to get it all back in place.
As for the flower stalks, yeah, you can cut them off, but the flowers are pretty, and capensis will just send up more stalks anyway.

A nice thread! 'Glad to have found it. I really like the look of your D. spatulata x capensis. An interesting plant.

Back