Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First 2 sundews! Questions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First 2 sundews! Questions?

I just got my first 2 sundews a few days ago! They are doing well and already have new leaves unfolding. I am just starting to see big dew drops on the leaves. They are under intense light sitting in a little tray of water. They are beautiful! I may feed them soon.
    I love this spatulata! It has two flower stalks and a third one forming. It bloomed 3 times here already!

Should I repot and divide this capensis? I think it is three separate plants, one of which may be alba. One leave is still dieing even though others are growing well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would leave the capensis toegether for now. let it establish itself and bulk up before dividing.

and you are using low mineral content water right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    distilled water mylesg. I have been researching on these things for a while now! I have t5 and t8 bulbs above them with foil wrapped around em all. They are growing faster than I thought. These pictures were from when I first got them. I will post newer pictures soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i didnt mean to bring your research into question, its just scary how many people just assume any water is good water for all plants!

look forward to your new pics!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JUST BE CAREFUL you don't cook them with the t5's they produce a lot of heat, ro water is a lot cheaper and just as good

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Foil wrapped around... the lights? The plants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a thermometer in there to make sure the temps dont get to high. What exactly is RO water? I have foil surrounding the lights and plants to get more light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RO is a process where water is pushed through membranes which filter out the dissolved solids leaving it with a tds ppm of almost zero (can vary a bit but is always lower than 50). so it works just as well for carnivorous plants as distilled

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast