User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The-'Fastest'-SUNDEW ON-Earth ... Will-'Always'-Be AUSTRALIAN so-to-Speak!!! >(*U^)<

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LANCE: ... You're-ON-The-Right-Track ... But-It's 'Better'-Than-THART!!! >(*U^)<

As-to-ZIGGI: ... My-'First'-Request Was-For Some GRAPHICAL-Form of PUBLICATION-Date IE It's-Going-to-Be Published IN-'This'-Journal / IN-'This'-Country / ON-THIS-Date so-to-Speak ... "I"m-R-VISUAL-Person ... 'Apparently' With The-KEENEST GREEN-Eyes With AMBER-Speccles THIS-Country Has-Seen IN-80,000-Years so-to-Speak .... R-JPEG Would-Have Been 'Satisfying' To-Me.

We-Were 'Talking' N-&-S Almost 6-Months-R-GO ... 'Apparently'-NOW It's-Been Assigned to-Some Mickey-Mouse Publication!!! >(*~*)<

So Is-it ALL-'Talk' ... or Have-The-Publishers 'Sussed' Ziggi-OUT

Did-They-ASK to 'See' The-Original Now-You See-it / Now-You-Don't ARTICLE

Anyone @-PIXAR 'Knows'-WHY The-Article Was Entitled THART-Way ... Any-NERD On-The-Planet 'Would' ... Even Kurt-RUSSELL as-Well-as The-'Connection' With-EDISON so-to-Speak!!!

Even Stan-LEE Must-Be CHUFFED "I"-Was Wearing One-of-The-TWO-T-Shirts He-Sent Dunn-Oondar ON-The-VERY-Day-of-DISCOVERY so-to-Speak ... Afteral His MOST-Famous Comic-Book-Character Is-Based-On Our Mecedes-Insignis so-to-Speak!!! >(*U^)<

http://www.ozanimals.com/image/album...use-spider.jpg

Were-They R-Little 'Suspicious' of ALL The 'First'-THIS / 'First'-THART Littering The-HARTMEYER-Articles so-to-Speak.

AFTERAL The-Discoverer-of-The-LOTUS-Effect Was 'Humble'-enough to-Say-Nothing Regarding Having Been The-'First' To-Obtain-R Scanning-Electron-Micrograph of The 'Seemingly'-UNIQUE Trigger-Mechanism ... &-Afteral 'Once' You-Have-R-TRIGGR-Mechanism &-Action-@-R-DISTANCE @-Speeds Heading-Down Towards 10msecs ... You're 'Not' Talking so-Called Action-Potentials Anymore so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Perhaps ONLY-Now REALITY Is-Sinking-IN As-to What The-Future-Holds &-It's Driving-Him R-Little-CRAZY so-to-Speak ... "I"-Can 'Understand'-THART ... But-Then-R-Gen "I've-Always Been-'Willing'-To-SHARE Because

My-Cup Has 'Always' Runneth-OVER so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)< Ha-Har

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z77jWKHB0GM&feature=plcp

Afteral You-Don't Notice-R NEW-Phenomenon With PERMANENT-Magnets ... Something Every-Child Has-Handled @-Primary-School &-@-Home ON-The-Fridge ... Unless-You 'Still'-Retain R-Little-of THART Astounding Astuteness THART Marked-You-OUT as-R-Child &-Placed-You Somewhere Towards The-Outer-Limits of The Bell-Shaped-Curve so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone had any success with the seeds? This species hasn't taken off like I thought it would.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody said this was an easy species to cultivate. See the requirements in this video

A new active trapping mechanism for carnivorous plants has been described - catapult flypaper traps (see above video) and the associated journal paper in PLOS One:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%...l.pone.0045735

Congratulations to Siegfriend & Irmgard Hartmeyer, The Plant Biomechanics Group, University of Freiburg, Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany and especially Richard Davion (acknowledgement and literature citations) for their contributions on the investigation and description of this mechanism.

Just some numbers from the above paper (and video):

"The duration of the smooth motion in some tentacles can be as fast as 75 ms (Video S4), with a maximum tentacle head velocity of 0.17 ms−1 and a maximum acceleration of 7.98 ms−2 (Fig. 3 and S1)."
    Last edited by Not a Number; 10-02-2012 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typo
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This video was great. Thanks for sharing this.

This plant is intriguing on so many levels. The "Diva"!

Thank you Richard for sharing this with the world.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some seeds of this from the ICPS seedbank a while back, and hoping they'll start sprouting soon, so I may be able to see the action in person!
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could someone please fill me in on what's happening on this thread? I'm very confused. Has a new species of sundew been identified or something? Is there legitimate literature on it? I'm trying to follow the conversations but they seem jumpy and chaotic; have posts been removed?

I also tried watching the video at the start of the thread, but I had a very difficult time understanding what was going on.
    Last edited by kwende; 10-12-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry, I have no idea what this thread is about either, and I've been looking at it for months.
    Some days it just isn't worth chewing thru the restraints.

My growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...255#post961255

Video of my birth http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like the other poster, someone challenged the speed of a sundew to that a venus fly trap.
    Formerly known as WaterKirby.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast