What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

low temp range for african sundews?

According to a site i looked at it seems 55f is the point where they start getting uncomfortable....just curious bc the night temps are starting to get lower these days. is that statement accurate? thx.

theres loads of aliciae and capensis in this photo... under the snow..
6722969675_7a4e98c5d6_b.jpg

It really depends on the type of African sundew. Remember that Africa is a very big place, with both tropical and sub-temperate species. Some can't stand anything below 60F, others, like capensis and aliciae as above, can take freezing temps for a while, they just come back from roots afterward.

It depends on which part of the dark continent you're referring to. The largest regias I've seen were grown with temperatures into the 40s, and capensis has been known to come back from its roots after sustaining freezing temperatures.

Yep. Although the aliciae of mine stayed as little rosettes, didnt die down at all like capensis does. Just got more compact and turned dark red.

Back