What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera glanduligera . . .

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57020848@N07/

"I"ve-'Made' MOST Of THIS-Season's GLID-Photography Available GRATIS NERDWORLD / WORLDWIDE ... So-'Hopefully' ZIGGI Will-Come to-His Senses &-Release The-FULL 40-Minute BLU-Ray as-Was 'Originally'-Intended.>(*~*)<

YES ... We-'Had'-R-Falling-OUT: ...

My-Cat DIED / 'Tried' Prescribed-Medication ONLY-to-Discover to My-Chagrin From TWO-of-Our Local Pharmacists HERE ... THART My 'Doctor' ("I"-'Use'-The-Term Loosely >(*~*)< "First' ... Do-NO-Harm") Had Prescribe The-Cheap 'Generic' Medication With ALL-The-Side-Effects (My-MUM 'Still' Wants-Me to-Apologise For Shouting-Down-The-Phone-@-Her For Nearly 2-Hours @-The-END of The 'First'-Week On HALF-Tabs ... Mum It-Was Mind-'Altering' Medication / Wasn't The-'Real'-Me ... Move-ON / Get-OVER-It!!! >(*~*)<)

"I"-'Suggested' To-ZIGGI "I"-'Thought' "I"-'Had' The-Potential to-Become R 'Loose'-CANNON So "I"-'Tought' His-BEST-Course of Action Would-be to-'Just' STICK-to-The-PLAN &-SEE-Me ON-The-Other-Side so-to-Speak &-Everything Would-Be-'Fine'.

AFTER 3-Months ON-The-Medication "I"-Rounded The-Door of The-'Doctors'-Office ONLY to-Be Greeted-with:"Oh They-Haven't-'Worked" ... "I"-'Could-Have 'Told'-You-THART After the-'First'-Month 'When' The Digital-COLON On The-Clock Started Blicking @-Different-Rates From Each-Eye (Hemispheres Running-@ Different-Rates) &-"I"-'Could' NO-Longer Assert Any Rhyme-&-Reason to-The-Dyslexic-Jibberish THART-Was 'Appearing' ON-The-Computer-Screen When "I"-"Was Trying to-Type Something Meaningful so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< ... So-Basically You-'Had'-Me ON-These For-an Extra 2-months For-NO-'Good'-Reason Methinkst!!!??? >(*~*)<

Anyway Suffice-to-Say "I"-'Ended'-UP Calling-Him R-WANKER To-His-FACE ... The-Story-of-Which Has-NO-Doubt Done-the-Rounds of Adelaide Psychiatry-Circles R-Number-of-Time by-Now Methinkst so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

The-'Medication' Even-Appeared to-Mess-with My Immune-System (Cough-UP R-Whole Load-of-JUNK) After 6-Weeks ON-The-'Drug' "I"-"Would' Occassionally Feel-like "I"-'Had' STEEL-Wool For Hemispheres My-Temples &-Jaw Would-Ache & "I'-Would' Have @-Least One Sometimes TWO Jaw-Clicks Per-Day
!!!>(*~*)<

Nearly 4-Months-OFF The-Medication "I"ve 'Just' Come-Through Another 2-Week-Bout of Jaw-Clicking & Headaches
... so The-Personal Testimonials ON-Line Attesting-to The-'Lingering' POST-Medicational After-Effects R-Definitely Believable.

But Upon-THIS Has-Been Imposed R Twitching LEFT-Eye Socket ... Something "I"-didn't-have Before "I" Started The-Course of 'Treatment' Which Definitely Brings-to-Mind The Dropped-Song From The-BEATLES' Sargeant-Peppers Album:"Lily-The-PINK" so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)<

Anyway Enough of My-SORROW:

[2012] Is-Probably R Wipe-OFF Year For-Me &-Am Looking-Forward to-Getting-INTO-[2013] As-Rapidly as-IS Humanly or Hoovianly-Possible So-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

"I"-'Just' Wish They'd Stop Friggin'-About &-Crank-The-Temperature-UP to 45-to-53oC &-Really-SEE What Our MOST-'Common' Southern-Australian Trebuchet-SUNDEW with-BLITZSCHNELL Ribbon-Tentacles Can Really-'Do' Methinkst so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

IE Can-it Brouch / Breach The-so-called 1970s LIMIT of Human-Perception IE 1/100th-of-R-Second or IN-Today's-Terminology:"10-Miliseconds" so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< Ha-Har

Do you guys remember the DVD that was given away a number of years ago at a BACPS meeting? someone made a boatload, and was giving multiples to everyone. It was called "Snap Tentacles" with a really goofy computer generated snAp tentAcles voice-over. I think Dad has my copy.

Thanks-NRN ...

The-'Reason' "I"-Published-IN:"Flytrap-News" Is-Because The-ACPS Wanted To-Changed My Original-Wording / My-Original-Claim:"Faster-Than-The-Eye-Can-SEE" To-'Just' VERY-Fast Afteral IN-Hindsight Who's-Article Was-It / Is-It so-to-Speak Anyway.

The-Original-Claim Spreading-OUT From My-Primary-School ON-Purley-Crescent, LYNWOOD, Perth Was 'Good'-enough to-Get TWO-Scientists To-'Just' Rock-UP ON-My-Parents' Doorstep The Following-Year Totally UNANNOUNCED ... so-'Why' CHANGE-It!!!??? >(*~*)<

Talking-On-The-Phone To-Dennis-DALY IN-[1995] During One-Of My Lunchtime-Breaks @ The Port-Employment-Project "I"-Casually-Mentioned The-Incident to-The-Now LATE Dennis-DALY (December-1999) &-He Said Straight-OUT &-"I"-Quote:"****-'em ... "I"ll-Print-It VERBATIM" >(*~*)<

After Much Soul-Searching ... "I"-Emplored'-Dennis THART it-Would-Be Wiser Considering Copyright THART The ACPS May Get-R-Little 'Tetchy' If-He-printed-It-VERBATIM ... Having Offered The-Original 1980s FEN-Article to-THEM as-R Follow-UP to The-Release of The Gordon-CHEERS-II Book Of-Which "I"-Added ~11% of The Photography-To GRATIS &-@ Short-Notice FOUR-Days (Late SUNDAY-Night Rushed 'Desperate' Phone-Call To THURSDAY-Afternoon Print-Run!!! >(*~*)<)

&-So "I"-Added One-Paragraph UP-The-'Top' &-One-Sentence Down-The-'Bottom' of-The-knowledge "I"-Had Gain IN-The-Intervening-Years from The LATE-80s to-The 'Then' Mid-90s ... But IN-Doing-so &-with The LIMIT-of-Space Failed to-Mention THART The 'Flicking'-of-Ants Comment Was IN-Reference TRINERVIA ... R Mid-Log-Species ... Which IN-R-Way Is 'More'-Exciting Than GLANDULIGERA Because It-Moves @ 'Just'-The-Right-Speed to-be Totally Watchable & Awesomely-Amazing IE GLANDULIGERA is-'Just' TOO-Fast so-to-Speak ... &-'Still' FULLY-'Expect' My-Original-Claim to-Be Proven If-One-of-Our AUSTRALIAN-Univeristies [WAIT-Institute?] Has The-Gaul to Crank-UP The Ambient-Temperatiure of Experimentation (UP) to Somewhere Between 45-&-53oC so-to-Speak ... Since Reaction-Rate Doubles With Every 10oC Rise IN-Temprature &-Afteral We-R Dealing With Enzymic-Reactions Within-R-Biological-System THART-Has Evolved-HERE Over Millions of Year &-Which Often-Grows On 'Dark' Presumeably 'Hot' SOIL Towards The-'End'-of-Its Season Annually so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

So If-&-'When' It's-Speed Impinges-ON 10-Milliseconds (1/100th-of-R-Second) or The 1970s LIMIT of Human-Perception as-Was Listed IN the WHITE-Volumes of Enclycopaedia-Britannica @-LYNWOOD-Primary "I"-'Expect' ALL-of-You to-Realise What an Achievment it-Was to-'Notice' Something THART:"I"-Didn't Actually-SEE &-THART The-Observational Part of The Scientific-Method Actually Is-Due to Have it's Nuts-&-Bolts Tightened-UP IN-This-Area 'Considering' so-to-Speak!!! >(*~*)< / >(*U^)<

But Then-Again "I"-'Had'-Been to Phil-MANN's Collection TWO-Weeks 'Before' so "I"-Was Fired-UP &-'Ready' For-Practically Anything ... &-Afteral:"CHANCE-'Favours' The-'Prepared'-MIND"!!!

UNFORTUNTELY It-Was 'Just' The-'First' NEW-Sundew "I"-'Hadn't-Seen Before As-"I'-'Ran'-From The-Car Towards The-SWAMP ... "I"-Didn't-'Know' It-Was Also Southern-Australia's MOST-Common!!!??? >(*~*)<

After Those TWO-Scientists Visited &-Towards The-END-of-The-Season "I"-'Found' 3-Plants (GLANDULIGERA) For-The 'First'-Time ON-The-Triangular Piece-of-Land Over-The-Back of My Parents-Place. ON-The-'First' SUNDAy or [1976] There-Was R-Bushfire ON-This Triangular Piece-of-Land.

During The-Season of [1976] Following The Bushfire IN-'Early'-JANUARY 'Not'-One Single-SUNDEW Grew ... Nothing / Nix / NADA / ZICH ...

HOWEVER IN-[19977] The-LAST-Season "I"-was IN-WA ... There-Were Areas So-dense With SUNDEWS You Literally &-Physicall couldn-'Not' Step-OVER-Them but-'Had' to-Walk-Around ... &-The-GALNDULIGERA-Count By-Estimation Was IN-The Houndreds-of-Thousands ... There-'Had' Obviously been R SEED-BANK-There Waiting to-be UNLOCKED ...

But The-Australian-Bush 'Also' Taught-Me THART SMOKE-WATER Does 'More'-Than 'Just' GERMINATE-Seeds so-to-Speak!!!??? >(*~*)<

So 'When' Someone-Says to-Me ... Does-R-LEOPARD Ever Change-it's-Spots "I"-Often-Say It's Soo-TRUE ... "I"-'Know'-It For-R-Fact ... &-If-"I'-'Told'-You Who 'One'-of-Those TWO-Scientists 'Was'/ IS ... You'd Get-R-SHOCK!!! >(*U^)< Ha-Har ... THREE-Strikes &-Your-OUT ... FOUR-Balls &-"I"-'Walk'!!! >(*U^)<

Back