What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question to those who grow Drosera under lighting

Thanks for the info.
Most of plants were purchased potted, so I would assume the media is good as they have been previously grown in it.
I have added a top dressing though.

Mine make lots of dew with only 20% humidity, high temperatures of 85F and night time drop down to 60F.

Heres a picture of dew production in my conditions.

D4D1B807.jpg

as you can see, the plant is making a decent amount of dew in only 20% humidity. Plus with less humidity you dont need to worry much about pests.

Ive also had problems with the lights being too close and they burn off almost all of the dew before they can produce more.

If thats the case you should be able to notice the plant making more dew at night (after the lights are off) than during the day.

Or at least, thats what happened with mine.

Ive also had problems with the lights being too close and they burn off almost all of the dew before they can produce more.

If thats the case you should be able to notice the plant making more dew at night (after the lights are off) than during the day.

Or at least, thats what happened with mine.

Thanks for the info. Would you say that when your plants were too close to the lights, it was the heat from the lights causing the problem? Did you measure the temp at that time?

When my lights were closer the leaf tips were getting into mid to low 90 degree temperatures with low humidity. That plants leaf tips are about 6-8 inches away from the lights now and that solved the problem of low dew production.

change one of r t-5's to a bloom spectrum, 3000K it will help the bloom and i think it does make a difference in the dew production. temps should be a bit higher 5 to 10 F. .
i realize this is just a capensis giant , but im my experience they all like a bit warmer temps , and as much light as possible the t-5's should do the trick in time.
IMG_6263.jpg
IMG_6266.jpg

Back