What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drosera pygmy roseana rising. 1 week ... etc ...

uphwiz

jimmy
this is at 1 week from potting up.
freshly potted.
IMG_0796.jpg
1 week.
IMG_0870.jpg

Just wait, these are really fast for pygmies.

Wow! never seen pygmies first starting out awesome!!

WEEK 2.
IMG_0897.jpg

Told ya they're fast.

need a better macro camera, week 3ish
IMG_1059.jpg
here is another cant remember it was a freebie.
also week 3 ish.
IMG_1060.jpg

Very nice. Would you mind sharing the conditions you put them under?

so cool how fast these little guys are growing

50/50 peat sand t-5 fluorescent lights drip trays half way up the pot rain water.70-75degrees days65-70degrees night12hours lights on 12off till they get going .

I'll probably have to up my photoperiod up to 12h then and hope it doesn't trigger D. cistiflora to go dormant.

Thanks for the info. I'll probably remove a sundew from the terrarium to make room for them so these guys get the intense lights of my 6 T-8s. The temperature ranges you specify perfectly match the existing climate of my terrarium. Right down to the photoperiod.

@Wire Man - cistiflora, eh? That one has gorgeous flowers. If it flowers I'd love to see the pictures.

week 4 .
.roseana
IMG_1165.jpg
freebie ??
IMG_1167.jpg
IMG_1163.jpg

carbarup, two weeks.
IMG_1170.jpg

Your D. androsacea are already putting out new leaves.

your androsacea, i have a few of those left from the same batch , i got a little out of controll i got about ten different pygmy dews at the sam time they all are coming along , do have a pic of your androsacea?

Don't have pics of them yet. I was going to place a big order for gemmae, too, but have nowhere to put all of them.

Just potted mine today along with five other species and one hybrid... Is it okay if they get slightly buried by the peat? Yours are looking great!

Is it okay if they get slightly buried by the peat? Yours are looking great!

I would avoid letting them go under the soil completely out of sight.

update.
IMG_1309.jpg
IMG_1312.jpg

update been a while.
IMG_1617.jpg

Back