Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
Cool moss in that pic! And very nice job! I hope I can do this with a few of my dews one day. Was it easy? How long did the entire process take?
I don't have any experience with tropical dews, but with temperate dews it is very easy to propagate from cuttings. I floated these in distilled water until I saw plantlets forming, then put them in wet LFS and will slowly reduce the water level to encourage proper root growth and then pot them up in regular media. I did not document how long it took, but probably around a month or so to see plantlets forming. I have them on an open shelf about 12" from the shop light at the moment.

Normally I take dew cuttings during the growing season and nestle them down in the live moss that grows from peat in pots outside in full sun with a high water level and forget about them, so I really don't know exactly how long it takes, but I would guess maybe 3-4 weeks or so. I only used the water-floating method and LFS with these filiformis FG dews as it was near the end of the growing season and I needed to propagate them inside...and real wet peat does not work well for me inside the house due to fungus and rotting issues.