Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transplanting D. Adelae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool. I just got one and will be getting more soon. The mother plant doesn't have a ton of dew on it, but the sprouts around it are pretty dew covered. I heard these guys like humidity levels a bit higher than other Sundews on average.

During the day, the humidity in the terrarium falls to about 35-40%; in the evening it raises to about 70-80% (I actually hooked the terrarium up to a home-made humidity/temperature sensor and plotted it for a few days). The temperature in the terrarium is around 60 in the evening to about 70-75 during the day. I'm assuming these numbers are good for this plant?

For what it's worth, I have about 8 different species in the terrarium ranging from Capensis to Intermedia 'Cuba' to Binata and they're all thriving.

This is a trimmed plot (just showing one day - starting in the evening and ending around 6 PM the following day).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI, mine are not in a terrarium. They live mostly in west facing windows and I have some under a "Jump start" fluorescent light.
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm going to do that soon as well. So it's good to know this is an okay thing (just sticking them in the window). I doubt I'll be able to maintain the same levels I show above in the graph at a window - but from what I'm gathering these are tough plants, so I'm hoping as they start to go crazy I'll be good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently got a adelae myself. Its doing pretty well and handled the repotting very well. It started dewing the day after i repotted it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12