What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fertilizing drosera seedling with 4 drops kelp extract per/L is it safe???

is it safe for me to fertilize my 3 week old drosera seedlings with a foliar feed made up of 4 drops of kelp extract per litre of water? and if yes how many more drops do you think i could safely add? thanks in advance
-Klauts

klauts

It's always a crapshoot when fertilizing seedlings. Just test your solution on a few plants. If there is no reaction (tentacle movement) after one hour then up the concentration and test on a different batch. You want to elicit a just a bit of tentacle motion within an hour. A strong reaction with the leaves curling (assuming it is a species that does this) is too strong of a mixture. Then wait a few days to see if there is any "burn". The MaxSea product in the US seems to be the most burn-free fertilizer out there. Fertilizing twice a month should be sufficient.

Back