What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

need advice on a d. x obovata

I just rcd a nice one today and am very happy with it EXCEPT that it is growing in spaghnum!!!! I really hate it when sundews are in moss bc if you want to remove said moss it almost always annoys the plant. But observing the rotundafolia in it I am guessing it has sensitive roots like the rotundafolia?

I plan on propagating it before attempting to move it....any advice on how to separate it from that moss without killing it?

Last edited by a moderator:
While I can appreciate you personal tastes I'll just say I grow all my temperate North American Drosera in pure Sphagnum. Either live moss or long fiber sphagnum. D. ×obovata, D. rotundifolia and D. anglica will almost always be found growing in Sphagnum moss in North America.

Otherwise just carefully remove the moss from around the roots. That's all I do when dividing 'Ivan's Paddle'. This hybrid propagates easily from leaf cuttings so take cuttings at the same time.

Back