What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Several months ago I noticed what appears to be a D. spatulata growing next to the pot wall in the D. nitidula x pulchella pot. Didn't give it much thought until I noticed how well it is producing goo. I transplanted it into a container of bright green sphagnum and it looks excellent. I added a page to my website and began going through the nitidula x pulchella picture files to see when it appeared and was surprised to see a discarded spat' leaf in the earliest, 09-18-2012, directory. It probably arrived with the nitidula x pulchella since I am not in the habit of leaving leaf litter laying around. I went through the 09-26-2012, 10-02-2012 and found the established 1" plant on 11-25-2012. The same thing is going on in the D. omissa pot where a flower stalk found it's way into a crack in the media and produced two tiny seedlings or stalk-lings. Nothing wrong with free plants.
09-18-2012
gallery_7943_657_287037.jpg

11-25-2012
gallery_7943_657_36918.jpg

Nice! I like free plants too! :lol:

That's awesome! Nice sphagnum too

thats so cool how you checked back and found the leaf:-D

Back