Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drosera Regia From Seed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You mean Life technologies, formerly Invitrogen? If so, they are one of the 2 big life sciences supplier companies. Thermo Fisher Scientific is the other. They have bought all the other larger-middle- and new startups in almost all fields (basic/applies/diagnostic/sequencing..etc) in the last decade. It is a dance between the companies, who can buy the companies faster and take the market share.

Really, the uglies have 6-8 leaves now. What do you mean postpeak, peaking.. Surely, it is different than my cute mental depiction that conjures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jimscott: Are you feeding your regias? I've tried feeding mine fish pellets and blood worms but the leaves always died off at the point of contact so I stopped. I find that adding 4-5 Osmocote pellets really helps with growth.

Mine have grown from 2" to over 8" single leaf span in a little over a year.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pokie22 View Post
    You mean Life technologies, formerly Invitrogen? If so, they are one of the 2 big life sciences supplier companies. Thermo Fisher Scientific is the other. They have bought all the other larger-middle- and new startups in almost all fields (basic/applies/diagnostic/sequencing..etc) in the last decade. It is a dance between the companies, who can buy the companies faster and take the market share.

Really, the uglies have 6-8 leaves now. What do you mean postpeak, peaking.. Surely, it is different than my cute mental depiction that conjures.
    This is about as good as it got for me:

Post-peak means on the decline. Yes, Invitrogen. It's building next door from us. Our company, now Fresnius Kabi, in the 6 years I've been there, was called Abraxis Bioscience, American Pharmaceutical Partners, APP, and now the German owned Fresenius Kabi. It's like a corporate lava lamp.

Don: I feed my sundews and butterworts pulverized freezed dried bloodworms.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Does the soil drain well? I see the cracks but the rest of the soil looks like my morning bowl of cooled congealed oatmeal (or polenta). Usually, if I try to add water to it, the water just slicks right off. You are using sand + milled sphagnum moss, correct? All the particles (sand,sphag) look the same size. In my experience sphagnum moss acts like a glue-sponge if processed well enough. The peat has particles of different sizes/geometries - twigs/round particles,..etc to help disrupts any compact matrix that might form. My uglie's compost is always dry (visually, at the top after) a day or two. You might try repotting it in different mix that has some thing of a different size thrown in or starting from seed on a compost that is not so uniform.

Eidetic memories of a college course on material sciences in the chemistry department.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like it's grown in a seed plug with the center filled in with sphagnum.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually have a better picture... somewhere... Anyhoo, that plant died. I have no D. regia. I thought I read that D. regia prefers wet conditions.

I had to look this up:

Eidetic memory
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This article is about the ability to perfectly recall images, sounds or objects. For the TV show, see Wogan's Perfect Recall. For the video game developer, see SCE Bend Studio. For the 2011 documentary film, see Photographic Memory (film).

This article needs additional citations for verification. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (October 2012)
    Eidetic memory (pron.: /aɪˈdɛtɪk/), commonly referred to as photographic memory, is a psychological or medical term, popularly defined as the ability to recall images, sounds or objects in memory with extreme precision. The word eidetic, referring to extraordinarily detailed and vivid recall not limited to, but especially of, visual images, comes from the Greek word εἶδος (pronounced [ːdos], eidos, "seen").[1]
    It was new to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is one of my unfortunate attributes. There are people who can not forget a single day of their life which eventually pertubs them. Thankfully, I am not in that category. However, my cache is significantly large than average. I am dyslexic and my brain does not recognize correct spelling (thank god for spell check) but I can recall "pictures" of things up to my early childhood. I can tell you inane things like who wore what on a specific day or where a specific tube was on someone's bench years ago, or whole conversations...etc. In essence I am like a visual map for most people at the lab. It is like a somnabulistic function when I walk around, my brain just records everything pictures and sounds. Usually, I have a hard time focusing when I am around crowds since the brain is in overdrive memorizing every thing. I wanted to be a spy when I was little and thought it would be a good skill to have. Now, I am not so sure as it takes away some of brain's function for scientific creativity. It has proved invaluable for school and in the business world. But I did get into a lot of trouble as a result of it when I was younger

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! I memorize numbers and statistics!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast