Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. Filiformis Propagation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lil hokie View Post
    So how do you do this? Just cut a leaf and lay it on the soil and it grows more amazing, little filiformis babies??
    I prefer putting cuttings in a test tube of water. Less chances of getting it moldy or when it rains heavily...and it gets buried and you have to dig it out and rinse it...which probably causes the cutting even more stress.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got the little leaf cuttings transplanted on Sunday in peat and silica sand, they're already showing more growth. I just used a spoon to scoop them up with the peat around them so I wouldn't disturb the roots

I have no clue as to what type of Sarr. This is I got it out of one of the dormant bug biting plants death cube starter kits from lowes. It's been in dirt for 2 months and is finally showing signs of growth so I transplanted it into the new pot with the baby Dews

The Three leaves laying down on the left came on the plant and it basically just used those for photosynthesis until its started shooting those two erect ones up. I'm still learning about CP's so watching this is amazing me lol

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMN16150 View Post
    That makes a cool mini fili-forest. I like the look of it; is it detrimental for the plants' health to keep it like that?
    They will not do well longterm keeping them in the wet LFS in the shallow container, best to transplant into a pot with a standard soil mix. Plant them together for the "forest look," or better yet fill a large pot with seed. I will have lots of D. filiformis x tracyii seed come fall, so PM me then and I can send you some

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KKPsi08 View Post
    Got the little leaf cuttings transplanted on Sunday in peat and silica sand, they're already showing more growth. I just used a spoon to scoop them up with the peat around them so I wouldn't disturb the roots

I have no clue as to what type of Sarr. This is I got it out of one of the dormant bug biting plants death cube starter kits from lowes. It's been in dirt for 2 months and is finally showing signs of growth so I transplanted it into the new pot with the baby Dews

The Three leaves laying down on the left came on the plant and it basically just used those for photosynthesis until its started shooting those two erect ones up. I'm still learning about CP's so watching this is amazing me lol
    Looking good! I have gotten a couple of those "death cube" sarrs and one turned out to be what looked like S. wrigleyana and the other a purp hybrid. Hard to tell what they are until they recover from the conditions they were in and start sending up new pitchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These little guys are wasting no time getting big!!!!!!

This one even caught 2 bugs the other day!!!! I think the rain washed them off though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12