Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sundew growth Feeding vs non feeding

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KKPsi08 View Post
    My Filiformis catches plenty of bugs but my VFTs don't. Does this work for all CPs?
    Im not sure but i recently decided to try on one of my small typicals i wet the tip of a needle pick up a tiny crumb of betta pellet. Then i touch the triger hair let it close on the needle and move it around inside a couple times to trick the plant into thinking it caught something then i just pull out the needle and the crumb stays in the trap. That was barely a week ago so i cant say.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace209 View Post
    Im not sure but i recently decided to try on one of my small typicals i wet the tip of a needle pick up a tiny crumb of betta pellet. Then i touch the triger hair let it close on the needle and move it around inside a couple times to trick the plant into thinking it caught something then i just pull out the needle and the crumb stays in the trap. That was barely a week ago so i cant say.
    Ok cool I'd definitely love to hear about your findings. We've been getting slammed by T-Storms the past 2 weeks so the rain has been triggering all of my traps. Hope the added stress doesn't kill them since I just recently repotted them also

The Most Uncreative Name in the History of Ever Plant Planter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lovely flowering monster (which I will post a picture of if I can catch a flower open) Drosera spatulata catches tons (and I mean tons) of bugs, but they're tiny. It has never caught anything larger than gnat-size. I don't know if that's bad or good, but it's making stalks at an incredible rate. I don't really feed my plants since here in northeast Ohio, when summer rolls around, these plants are gluttons, absolute gluttons. Particularly pitcher plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feed some because i grow all of them indoors they do catch gnats every now and then the only ones i dont feed are my filiformis, capensis and my big capensis×spatulata they have no trouble catching bugs and especialy spathulata Frasier island for some reason its a death trap for bugs i dont no why they just seem to be attracted to it. I think it catches more bugs then the others put together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok cool I'd definitely love to hear about your findings. We've been getting slammed by T-Storms the past 2 weeks so the rain has been triggering all of my traps. Hope the added stress doesn't kill them since I just recently repotted them also
    Shouldnt be a problem same thung happened to me with my vft but they all the traps opened back up by the next day except a few.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldnt be a problem same thing happened to me with all my vft but all the traps opened back up by the next day except a few.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binatas are gluttons as well. They stalks will become totally black with corpses of their victims.

I don't really feed any of my plant, indoors or out. They all seem to catch more than their share. Mostly gnats/fruit flies but I have seen a moth or two as well. One of my flytraps outside recently ate a stink bug. Ew! Lol. If I haven't noticed them catch something in a month then I do assist with frozen blood worm larvae.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12