What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Sundews from seed

Here are mine from Homedawg plus a few others from the ICPS seed bank.

IMAG0753.jpg

IMAG0754.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0756.jpg

IMAG0757.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

IMAG0759.jpg

IMAG0763.jpg

Congrats on your successes. Those are going to be a lot of 'dews.

Something about reddish Dews...... I love em!!!!!

Good luck parenting all those new dews. They look gorgeous.

Humidity about 60%, temps between 75-80 and placed about 10" under a T8 with four 6500k bulbs.

So far all these species germinated:

D. capensis
D. aliciae
D. dielsiana
D. sessilifolia
D. spatulata
D. tokaiensis
D. venustra

but I lost all but one of the D. trinervia and all but four of my D. burmannii during the hardening off period.

Interesting, how long did they take? How moist did you keep them? How many of the D. trinervia germinated?

great job by the way- they look awesome.

I think most germinated in 15-30 days...some species were faster than others. They were grown in those growing trays with the plastic dome on...I saturated the media put the lid on, taped the seams and let them go. I probably had 20+ of the D. trinervia germinate...they appeared to be doing well but I was in Panama for 10 days recently and had the renter watering them for me and during that time I lost quite a few.

Not a ton to report...all are doing well and still growing. In a week or two I'll snap some additional, better, close up pics for ya if you'd like...thanks for asking!

Yea that would be great cause I just started the germination of my sundews

Back