What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hi i have recently planted some seeds from the following capensis, admirabilis, capillaris and venusta. The conditions of growing are in the medium of peat moss some lfs and some aquarium gravel ( did the vinegar test showed good ) and with lighting i have 2 t8 fixtures with 2 warm and 2 cool bulbs 32 watt a piece, the seeds are located roughly 6-8 inches away from the lights. It has been 1 week and i know that drosera are notorious for being fairly quick to sprout out but i seem to see nothing. the temp is roughly 87 in day and 80 at night humidity roughly 50- 60 percent.. Im just curious if these conditions are enough for the seeds as i am quite new to cps. Should i expect sprouting?

Generally speaking, you should see sprouts in about 3 weeks.

thanks i guess the long wait i need to be reassured that they would.

D. venusta and D. admirabilis take a long to to germinate. 6 weeks at the earliest is average. D. capillaris depending on the location can take about as long as well.

Back