Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosera viability?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capillaris needs no stratification, it's more of a subtropical plant. Even forms that grow through the US never make hibernacula, though they can still take light frosts. The D. natalensis may survive along side, but it's a little more tropical than even capillaris so I'm thinking it won't take Oklahoma winters. The rest will need a 4 week stratification, and should do fine.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone for the information, i appreciate your time and input.
    hcarlton, i took the natalensis on a trade, the guy i got it from said that he has taken them to 32, which would be at least a light frost. so they are an expiriment, if they make it great, but if i loose them, well i just loose them. But thats the fun part about this hobby, of getting to try stuff, and win some lose some. Again thanks to all for the info.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's actually natalensis, though, I'd err on the side of keeping at least some indoors. the true D. natalensis is apparently not that common in the US at least, compared to its easily found cousin D. dielsiana.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very interesting h, i will have to check mine and see where i lie, on this matter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12