I noticed on a few different threads discussing D. binata that some growers were complaining that their D. binata was sterile, but kept sending up flower stalks. I thought I'd share that I recently did a little experiment with 'Marston Dragon' after reading about the species on the Sundew Grow Guide.
Basically, I cut off a flower stalk, a new leaf, and an old leaf, cut them into 2 inch pieces, and placed them in water - just water - in a recently washed out, translucent take-out container. After a month, every single piece of the flower stalk has a new plantlet sprouting (the part with the flowers themselves has 4), whereas the old leaf has just two plantlets and the new leaf just one.
I'd never done a water cutting before, and I was surprised to see it worked, albeit, taking a little longer than a regular soil cutting, in my experience. Nor, had I done a flower stalk cutting, and was especially pleased that that worked. I just thought I'd share in case anyone wanted to propagate their D. binatas at a faster rate than the D. binatas do themselves.
(Sorry, nothing better than a camera phone, so no pictures, yet).