User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The D.villosa complex, now with 6 species! (get ready to change your name tags)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I'm sure D.latifolia and D.graomogolensis are in cultivation around here, but don't know about the other ones. I know the others are in cultivation in Brazil and Europe, at least. I don't have them myself. Check the growlists here and on other forums to see if anybody has any to trade.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanted to make a few comments on Exhuming Saint-Hilaire: revision of the Drosera villosa complex ... This paper is an impressive body of work that I would expect to stand as the definitive descriptive work for this group of Drosera. Very nice, indeed. It is good to have so many of the tangles of South American sundew taxonomy unraveled in one place. Thank you, Fernando, for bringing this to the attention of the enthusiast community. I don't generally have access to the botanical journals. It is also great to have the additional photos on this thread. Hats off to you and your colleagues!
    Last edited by bluemax; 01-06-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that... Blood red sphagnum it's growing in? My word, that's striking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Mark!

Now the next big steps with this group are to study the phylogenetic relationships between the species in this group and other closely related groups, as well as to study in depth the relationships between all the different D.latifolia morphotypes across the huge geographic range of this species - would they be good candidates for subspecies? Are some maybe of hybrid origin? Or is D.latifolia just one highly polymorphic species?

>Is that... Blood red sphagnum it's growing in? My word, that's striking.

I agree, it certainly was!

Best wishes,
    Fernando Rivadavia
    Last edited by Fernando Rivadavia; 12-27-2014 at 01:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12