Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Random pics

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Such a display! I like B. linaflora a lot. If you are used to growing sundews there is something almost alien about them, ha! A very nice D. tomentosa.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Yeah, Byblis definitely look odd after dealing with dews. However, they have their own appeal just the same.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants and great photos. Your last gift is my fav!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Some more shots:

trinervia is getting bigger, but no flowers this season yet

capensis "alba" always looks best out of my forms

spatulata 'Tamlin' x tokaiensis "B": the difference between this and the "A" cross is the wider lamina and lighter colored flowers

spatulata "white flower" x 'Tamlin' is currently one of my most robust spoonleaf clones

first fully open aliciae flower in a long time

and, lastly, anglica Oregon waking up
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Still need a positive ID for this one: anybody have any ideas? It reminds me of both slackii and cuneifolia depending on the day, and the leaves are really thin

roseana always looks nice, hopefully I'll get gemmae this time around and fill the whole pot

spatulata 'Tamlin' x sp. Lantau Island flower: colors range from light to very light pink, and for the plant size they're large too

anglica Oregon have fully woken up and are flowering

sp. Lantau Island

and the happy pot o' prolifera
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Um, what species is sp. Lantau Island? Has it just not been given a name yet? The pygmy sundews look great, but are they okay being that close to each other?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    D. sp. Lantau Island has not yet been given a formal scientific name, likely because the jury's still out on whether or not it's a true species, as it looks an acts very similar to a polyploid hybrid of D. spatulata and D. oblanceolata (if my seeds of the latter ever sprout, we may be able to confirm or deny the similarity). This is much the same case as D. anglica coming from rotundifolia and linearis.
    As for the pygmy sundews, if you think that's close you'd hate to see the pygmaea pot, and there's plenty of photos on the internet of mounds of tightly packed pygmy dews, as they look best that way and, since they're so small and the roots go deep, it's not like they're really competing for a lot of space.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Still trying to figure out these pain-in-the-butts, these first ones look like slackii or a relative due to the lamina shape,

But this is definitely a different species, look like a small, thinner aliciae so I'm still thinking admirabilis for the ones that look like this

In the meantime though, my certified aliciae has produced a double leaf

and a funky 6-petal flower

Who loves regias? I have 3 doing well, one that is really struggling and I think will be a dud, and I sowed a few more seeds. Here's hoping for a colony soon!

spatulata 'Tamlin' x sp. Lantau Island' showing off some flowers: the color is so hard to catch on camera under lights, but the flowers are a very soft pink, and large

tokaiensis "B" x spatulata "white flower" desperately needing to be thinned.

Here we see my original D. tomentosa,

And here we see the one I started about 6 months later

D. sessilifolia

And my newest threadleaf, D. 'Dreamsicle'
    Growlist

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance that your mystery 'dews are hybrids? What stands out for me is the middle rib/crease in the leaves. Whatever they are I have never grown one like them.

Those are some very robust-looking regia plants. Very nice.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    No clue yet, I haven't gotten them to successfully flower. However, a number of species like trinervia, some of the cistiflora forms, and relatives have a notable rib on the leaf underside, and every one of these plants has long, thick roots, and came from the same seed pack as my trinervia and the species I also have that looks like a cistiflora relative, so I am assuming they're at least South African.
    Growlist

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast