Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Random pics

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    D. "capillaris FL Long Arm." This pot has given me a number of headaches. Some plants in the pot are confirmed to be long arm capillaris, they have the pink flowers and produce viable seed, and have the characteristic semi-flattened lamina tip, but others at various times of the year (most notable during summer when leaves are longest) produce more rounded lamina and have never produced viable seed. I suspect them of being hybrids with intermedia. Ironic since it's thought this form may have arisen from a polyploid hybrid with capillaris and intermedia originally.

And, my D. filiformis "typical"
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    One of the plants that is confusing in the capillaris "FL Long Arm" pot. Ith as more rounded leaf tips, and has never produced viable seeds.

This one, and the plant that sits next to it, however, have more squared off leaves and have produced seeds

Another shot of the forest of D. intermedia Easton, MA growing out of the pot head (no puns intended )

sp. Lantau Island

D. madagascariensis doing well again

anglica "Oregon"

intermedia Mt. Roraima

D. burmannii "Humpty Doo"

filiformis FL Giant

filiformis FL All Red. Perhaps the flower stalk will succeed this time

'Dreamsicle'

burmannii "green" formerly known as sessilifolia. Hopefully the seedlings I haven now will be the real thing

ultramafica x spatulata. Still haven't managed to keep the flower stalk alive, but the plant is very happy

tomentosa

nidiformis x natalensis 'Tom Turpin'

tokaiensis x spatulata "white flower"

sp. Lantau Island x capensis typical. I love the shape of this hybrid, and I recently harvested seeds of the reverse. I also have seedlings of both directions with the 'Albino' cape form

D. felix

affinis

D. regia. This used to be the second largest plant, but as the big one died back it became the big guy. But, new plantlets have sprouted from the roots of the former giant, so here's hoping for a pot of giants!

D. scorpioides "pink Flower"

citrina citrina. Can't wait to see this flower

platystigma A. Hoping for a mass blooming this fall.

Still labeling this for now as aff. admirabilis after looking though my files of South African species, as that is the closest resemblance I can find.

And this one as aff. slackii due to the widened leaf tip

spatulata "white flower," as prolific as ever
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    2 clones of D. aliciae x natalensis flower. I just repotted them, so hopefully the plants will become respectable size soon

My filiformis FL All Red is doing great too, for once, and finally flowered! I have so far crossed it with sp. Lantau Island, intermedia Easton (x hybrida, finally!), and attempted spatulata 'Tamlin.' I'm somewhat disappointed the Mt. Roraima intermedias aren't flowering yet, so no tropical hybrida, and I missed the chance on a cross with capensis.... oh well

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics, love your Sundew collection. Would like to see updated pics of your setup where you keep all these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent looking plants man. D. madagascariensis, do want.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    I tend not to take pics of my setups, as I am a global organizer and therefore have lots of everything strewn about. Not the greatest for photography. And I tend to like individual photos more than not at this point...
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice photos! That affinis looks very happy! (Well, they all do, but that one just caught my eye).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    D. rotundifolia doing very well
    D. rotundifolia by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    filiformis typical also getting big
    D. filiformis typical by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. madagascariensis is a very fast grower
    D. madagascariensis by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    filiformis FL Giant produced a binata mimic leaf
    D. filiformis FL Giant by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Because I slacked off feeding them recently, the burmannii Humpty Doo took on their famous red blush
    D. burmannii Humpty Doo by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. spatulata "Royal Natl. Pk. Sydney" x anglica Oregon, a successful D. x nagamotoi remake
    D. spatulata "Royal Natl. Pk. Sydney" x anglica Oregon by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    graomogolensis is coming back around as temperatures drop
    D. graomogolensis by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    burmannii "green" formerly known as sessilifolia :P
    D. burmannii green by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    fingers crossed that new flower stalk on ultramafica x spatulata will actually grow out this time.....
    D. ultramafica x spatulata by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    tomentosa looking immaculate as always
    D. tomentosa by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    binata Coromandel NZ is coming back around. Come next year, however, I'm moving starts of every binata variety I have outside with the Sarracenia, as the test plants out there are doing better than the indoor ones have in years. Go figure....
    D. binata "Coromandel NZ" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Ironic too, that the spatulata "Fraser Island" always do better in every pot except the ones I want them in....
    D. spatulata "Frazer Island" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    With the southern sun D. 'Tom Turpin' are getting big and, with some, very very red
    D. 'Tom Turpin' by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The bomb-proof hybrid D. tokaiensis x spatulata "white flower"
    D. tokaiensis x spatulata "white flower" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The sp. Lantau x capensis typical decided to stretch out a little, so now we can see just how cool those leaves actually look.
    D. sp. Lantau Island x capensis "typical" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    My mound of spatulata "Beenak, Victoria" plants that still needs to be thinned out
    D. spatulata "Beenak, Victoria" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The other bomb-proof sp. Lantau x spatulata 'Tamlin'
    D. sp. Lantau Island' x spatulata 'Tamlin' by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. x beleziana "Dr. Frankensnyder's Monster" looking better with the southern sun as well
    D. x beleziana "Dr. Frankensnyder's Monster" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Put in a slightly stronger light with my Mediterranean-climate greenhouse, and the D. capensis forms are appreciating it. Here's typical and 'Albino'
    D. capensis 'Albino' and typical by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    red leaf
    D. capensis red leaf by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. roseana looking like pincushions
    D. roseana by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    capensis wide leaf
    D. capensis wide leaf by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    My plants have this odd tendency to make vine-like flower stalks instead of the normal short, upright ones. This is a 2 foot D. aliciae stalk
    D. aliciae flower stalk by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    And the gorgeous plant that produced it with anther on the way
    D. aliciae by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. aliciae by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    The D. aff. admirabilis
    D. aff. admirabilis by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. aff. admirabilis by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    And the D. aff. slackii, with the wide leaves that absolutely baffle me. With the morning sun they receive right at this time of year and the new light put in, this is also the lushest I've seen them
    D. aff. slackii by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    D. aff. slackii by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Lastly, the bomb-proof D. spatulata "white flower"
    D. spatulata "white flower" by hawken.carlton, on Flickr
    Growlist

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way you can get more light to them, I'm sure you'd see a ton more thick tentacles and darker/more developed colors.

I love all the pictures and your variety is great.

I hesitate to give advice here because I respect the ability you are clearly demonstrating to grow this wide of a variety, but I know the look of those thin tentacles and leaves. No doubt they will continue to plug along and flower for you, but just some food for thought I suppose.

Dave
    Last edited by David F; 10-26-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Items I'm selling
    Plenty of people have tried to tell me I need more light, and what I can say is this: if someone wants to donate enough money to set up some really good lights, by all means! Otherwise, I am a college student who has no extra money for that right now, and I rely on what I can afford when I can afford it. I've upgraded lights here and there over time, a lot of these plants wouldn't be alive otherwise, but there is a cost limit.
    And for some of the plants pictured, my camera is terrible at catching the true colors and so a lot of them are much more red than the pictures suggest....
    Growlist

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast