Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Random pics

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Help in ID'ing the following two species is greatly appreciated. They came from the same seed pack, which also gave me D. trinervia, but are clearly all different species. This first one, I have tentatively labeled D. admirabilis

And this second, due to the leaf shape is aff. slackii

And lastly a known plant: my pot o' aliciae
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I know I've posted pics of this monstrosity before, but here it is again: the hollow Monk's Head pot

And the colony of D. intermedia Easton happily growing in it
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. "capillaris FL Long Arm." This pot has given me a number of headaches. Some plants in the pot are confirmed to be long arm capillaris, they have the pink flowers and produce viable seed, and have the characteristic semi-flattened lamina tip, but others at various times of the year (most notable during summer when leaves are longest) produce more rounded lamina and have never produced viable seed. I suspect them of being hybrids with intermedia. Ironic since it's thought this form may have arisen from a polyploid hybrid with capillaris and intermedia originally.

And, my D. filiformis "typical"
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the plants that is confusing in the capillaris "FL Long Arm" pot. Ith as more rounded leaf tips, and has never produced viable seeds.

This one, and the plant that sits next to it, however, have more squared off leaves and have produced seeds

Another shot of the forest of D. intermedia Easton, MA growing out of the pot head (no puns intended )

sp. Lantau Island

D. madagascariensis doing well again

anglica "Oregon"

intermedia Mt. Roraima

D. burmannii "Humpty Doo"

filiformis FL Giant

filiformis FL All Red. Perhaps the flower stalk will succeed this time

'Dreamsicle'

burmannii "green" formerly known as sessilifolia. Hopefully the seedlings I haven now will be the real thing

ultramafica x spatulata. Still haven't managed to keep the flower stalk alive, but the plant is very happy

tomentosa

nidiformis x natalensis 'Tom Turpin'

tokaiensis x spatulata "white flower"

sp. Lantau Island x capensis typical. I love the shape of this hybrid, and I recently harvested seeds of the reverse. I also have seedlings of both directions with the 'Albino' cape form

D. felix

affinis

D. regia. This used to be the second largest plant, but as the big one died back it became the big guy. But, new plantlets have sprouted from the roots of the former giant, so here's hoping for a pot of giants!

D. scorpioides "pink Flower"

citrina citrina. Can't wait to see this flower

platystigma A. Hoping for a mass blooming this fall.

Still labeling this for now as aff. admirabilis after looking though my files of South African species, as that is the closest resemblance I can find.

And this one as aff. slackii due to the widened leaf tip

spatulata "white flower," as prolific as ever
    Growlist

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 clones of D. aliciae x natalensis flower. I just repotted them, so hopefully the plants will become respectable size soon

My filiformis FL All Red is doing great too, for once, and finally flowered! I have so far crossed it with sp. Lantau Island, intermedia Easton (x hybrida, finally!), and attempted spatulata 'Tamlin.' I'm somewhat disappointed the Mt. Roraima intermedias aren't flowering yet, so no tropical hybrida, and I missed the chance on a cross with capensis.... oh well

Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pics, love your Sundew collection. Would like to see updated pics of your setup where you keep all these.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent looking plants man. D. madagascariensis, do want.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tend not to take pics of my setups, as I am a global organizer and therefore have lots of everything strewn about. Not the greatest for photography. And I tend to like individual photos more than not at this point...
    Growlist

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast