What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. paradoxa clone question

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I just took leaf pullings of this plant:

If I am fortunate to get anything to maturity and have 2 flowering plants, are they capable of producing viable seeds?

If I am fortunate to get anything to maturity and have 2 flowering plants, are they capable of producing viable seeds?
Nope - need separate seed clones. One noted grower told me that there is a location of D. paradoxa that can self but I've not heard that anyone else has seen this (although I've been out of that loop for years...)

have heard the same thing in regards to some paradoxa. But so far never seen it happen. If it did my growing area would be a mess of paradoxa seedlings coming up everywhere....

Nope - need separate seed clones. One noted grower told me that there is a location of D. paradoxa that can self but I've not heard that anyone else has seen this (although I've been out of that loop for years...)

Does that include a plant that sprang up asexually?

Does that include a plant that sprang up asexually?
I'm not sure of the difference between this question & your original - both questions concern growing new plants from the same genetic material (ie: the same seed clone). They are still genetically identical & will not produce viable seed - ime - they never produced seeds at all.

I have a baby plant that sprang up naturally from the parent plant, as opposed to me pulling leaves. I need seeds....

Back