Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Tray of Adalea"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice! A perfect example of the alleged weediness of this species. Of course I fall into the crowd that can't keep it alive though.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Very nice! A perfect example of the alleged weediness of this species. Of course I fall into the crowd that can't keep it alive though.
    I'm the same with most of my utrics. Sandersonii, bisquamata, longifolia, livida and subulata just don't seem to spread for me. Not even the "weedy" ones grow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This species is abit of a weed here and regularly invades nepenthes and utric pots in the greenhouse for me, it spreads particularly well by roots which can run along a bench for a few centimetres then send a plant out.
    And leaf cuttings in pure water produce many plantlets, on average I find that a single 15cm long leaf left in pure H20 will make anywhere from 20-30 plantlets, sometimes more, they literally spring out touching each other.
    They also spread faster in certain substrates (like most carns) for example I find that in pure sand or peat mixes they spread fast but make smaller plants, but in mosses (leucobryum or spag) they spread less but make much larger plants.

I should also add that it lives here, hence my conditions in my greenhouse are more than perfect as they are like a permanent wet summer, so the dry that would normally effect them doesn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    How many plants did you start out with?
    One plant originally. Started doing leaf cuttings which take pretty easy. But the roots travel and produce new plants like crazy.
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. adelae reminds me of Toonces the cat. It starts off well and then bad things happen. I can't seem to prevent them from going into a coma and can't bring them out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimscott View Post
    D. adelae reminds me of Toonces the cat. It starts off well and then bad things happen. I can't seem to prevent them from going into a coma and can't bring them out of it.
    I do nothing special to mine Jim, bright light, some afternoon west Sun. Rainwater in the tray/pots about 1/2" deep. I have one under a T5 for 2 years that are deep red in color. I just moved it to an east window. I'll take a photo of it and post it here later today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the photo of the more reddish Adalea. The container is 4" x 6" and 2 1/2" deep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! I've never seen adelae that red before. The leaves on the smaller plants kind of look like capensis leaves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast