Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fish food

The sticky ones are my favorite. Tacks's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also like to hydrate the beta fish pellets I use. I crush them to a powder and then add just enough water to firm a paste. I feel like this might make it a bit easier for the plants to digest, though I'm not positive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just placed an order and am expecting to receive a few sundews in the mail next week. These posts are great and very helpful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Folks,

Just wanted to give an update on my dews regarding fish food.

Since I received my dews in April, I have been using these small fish pellets that I already had on hand. I switched between sprinkling it on as a powder and mixing it with liquid to create a paste. I've been reading all about dried blood worms on the forums and bought a bottle at the pet store this past weekend. I took a small pinch and placed it in a cup with a few drops of water...OMG do the sundews love it! I used tweezers to break them up into smaller pieces and simply draped it onto the tentacles. My capensis folded itself in half when I put one on it. My tokaiensis is now rolled up tighter than a stack of quarters.

That's my advice to anyone reading this so far...go to a pet store and buy yourself a pair of nice, long metal feeding tongs and a bottle of freeze dried blood worms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12