Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Help! fugus on my sundew!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help! fugus on my sundew!

So I noticed black dots on the lamina of my D. Falconeri. At first I thought the dots were dirt from when I took leaf pullings but now I know its fungus, so My question is what would be a safe fungicide to use?

Heres a pic a couple of days ago,

And today,

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just get a small watercolor paint brush like a No. 1 or 0 and use a dilute solution of rubbing alcohol to clean it off. Done. When I feed my D. falconeri fruit flies they often turn quickly into little balls of fuzz (possibly yeast). Doesn't seem to cause any harm at all.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 concern with fungicides is to get an ID of the pathogen before treating. Fungicides are very specific in what they control. Rubbing alcohol is a great generalist killer of all things bad and sounds like a good way to go. I'd personally chop and pitch the infected leaf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking about the black dots all over the leaves not the white fuzzy stuff. I guess i'll just use rubbing alcohol on all the leaves then...

Edit:
    Wow... I just realized that the black dots are in different spots from the two photos!
    Last edited by Robster_24; 05-15-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could the dots be insects living in the soil? like gnats or mites? That would explain why there is a larger concentration around the fish food...