What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. Adelae (mold on new growth?)

Zath

Enthusiastic Enthusiast
D. Adelae 6-24-14 by the_bugman_cometh, on Flickr

Just wondering if this is mold, or something else (hairs?). It's in pretty bad shape, I think it's almost certainly going to lose most of it's existing leaves. My only form of mold control atm is to manually remove what I can, and spray the affected areas down generously with distilled water.

I don't currently have an issue with mold in the terrarium. I don't want to introduce one.

No, it's super fuzzy on new growth. Just how it does, no worries. It looks fine. Keep it bright and go easy with water on the leaves and it'll do great.

Last edited:
No, it's super fuzzy on new growth. Just how it does, no worries. It looks fine. Keep it bright and go easy with water on the leaves and it'll do great.

Ohkay! That's good to know, lol. I was hoping that would be the case, but I wanted to know if I needed to hurry up and find some product to combat it. Thanks

Yep, D. adelae is fuzzy at the growth point.

A word of warning though, don't change it's conditions rapidly. It doesn't tolerate condition changes such as light, humidity, soil, etc very well at all. It has to be the biggest diva of any Drosera I've ever grown.

Back