Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dialsiana problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dialsiana problems

Over the last week my plants have started to look like crap. I have also noticed the newest leafs are coming in very small. I feed the plants once a week with crumbled freeze dried blood worms. I also replace water every day with distilled. Plants get full sun from 7am to 1. Temps have been in the high 80s to low 90s for the past couple of weeks. Please help. Plants were in flower but I cut spikes off because they looked stressed. I'm working on loading a photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There might be a pest on them. Check if the middle of the rosettes have any insects like aphids on them, especially if the new leaves are deformed.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see nothing wrong with these plants.....they look healthy enough, what exactly is the problem? They have good color, dew in large amounts, it appears they have new growth...if the plants are experiencing higher light levels than they formerly had, color will increase and leaf size will drop some, and they often shrink a little when they flower...
    oh, and unless the seeds are very nearly round, these are probably natalensis, dielsiana is almost nonexistent currently in cultivation.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the input. I will keep an eye on them and post more pics I'd it seems to get worse.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Carlton said. For grins and chuckles, I received a few plants a couple weeks ago and they are all sending up flower stalks. Not the best picture, but here's the only opened flower I could capture:

And for comparison sake, here are the plants:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what they looked like two weeks ago. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ok4ki0e28nuzc4v/IMAG1257.jpg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast