Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drosera sp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plant Planter View Post
    Welcome to the forums! Don't worry too much about humidity for now. In my experience, the Drosera you're growing are not particularly picky.

(Postscript: I love the coloring on your D. spatulata!)
    Thanks mate!

Yes, it is from an outdoor setup. I'm hoping that I can maintain that with high lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    The only really humidity dependent drosera I know of are the woollies from australia and maybe the queensland trio. D. burmannii is pretty adaptable from what I've seen. What I've grown I keep at around 30% tray-local humidity, except for germination domes. The only effect I've watched from humidity is that the water in the air merges with the sugary dewdrops, which really doesn't do much at all. Might as well top-water them. But if anyone has seen humidity keep their plants robust and gluey then I won't argue!
    I don't know jack about LEDs so go on and experiment. We all will be waiting! Curious: why the cooling fan? How hot do your lights get?
    Propagate that burmanii. Those things seed like gremlins.
    What's that little bugger next to your spathulata? Looks pretty different from anything you've got cataloged.
    Thanks, rainy season is starting here so humidity won't be a problem at the moment. hehe.
    I came to realized that I might not really need a fan for my set up since LED gets least hot even for a long time in use, and fan will lower the humidity? Am I right?
    I really don't know what is this little martian beside my D. spatulata mate. I'll try to ask my seller.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

I also bought a timer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that's indica, I'd bet you probably can afford it conditions similar to spathulata, considering their ranges, which overlap. Of course, I know nothing of indica, never grown it, and I also know nothing of your spathulata clone.
    Last edited by Apollonian; 07-02-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. burmannii update

Last edited by felmor; 07-05-2014 at 05:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
    If that's indica, I'd bet you probably can afford it conditions similar to spathulata, considering their ranges, which overlap. Of course, I know nothing of indica, never grown it, and I also know nothing of your spathulata clone.
    It really looks like a D. indica after checking the pictures on D. indica on the net. the way it eats insect. I hope it is indica. thanks!
    Last edited by felmor; 07-05-2014 at 05:12 AM.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like a young D. indica. This species needs to be fed early and often! They do very well outside or in a terrarium setting:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @jimscott I like your plants mate! Really beautiful!

At the moment, I can't do an outdoor set up. Its rainy season in our country, and we have an open gate at the moment. hehe

I found an old enclosure of my asian pit viper and I covered it with aluminum foil and used it like this. after taking this picture I added a glass of water inside.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The little one sure looks like D. indica to me.

In case you haven't seen these growing guides they might help out: http://www.carnivorousplants.org/how...wingGuides.php They contain a lot of useful information.
    - Mark

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast