What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hungry D regia

• Thread starter JDW
  • Start date
  • Tags
    regia
A mosquito bit me and got full of blood before I found it and smacked it. It didn't squish so I gave it to my regia for a little snack. When I checked on it the next day the leaf was all twisted around that sack of blood like an octopus tentacle.

I might be in trouble if this thing gets much bigger :-(

Last edited:
From the looks of that picture, thats just a baby. They dont call them King sundew for nothing.

Last edited:
Nice looking Regia!

My plants leaves turn crazy red when it catches a bug, almost like it burns the plant.

photo1-3.jpg

Don't ever let em get the taste of human blood!!

They'll never want to go back to bugs!!

It's hungry.... just didn't have anything at the time of the picture.

I see you have a few Regia plants. Would you say it's quite easy to propagate?
I would like to increase my Regia collection via propagation and read that root cuttings work best?

Last edited:
Root cuttings work well. I used LFS and perlite. You have to keep them moist but not so wet that they rot. Also, you have to keep them humid but not so enclosed that they overheat.

It can be tricky but I received cuttings in December and they did well. And most of all, be patient--it takes at least a month to see anything. When I first saw tiny sprouts I began foliar feeding weekly and haven't stopped.

Last edited:
Root cuttings work well. I used LFS and perlite. You have to keep them moist but not so wet that they rot. Also, you have to keep them humid but not so enclosed that they overheat.

It can be tricky but I received cuttings in December and they did well. And most of all, be patient--it takes at least a month to see anything. When I first saw tiny sprouts I began foliar feeding weekly and haven't stopped.

Would peat & perlite work as well?

Back