What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adelae repotting questions and sundew ID

Just divided up my adelae, kinda did a hackjob on some of the roots though. They should be fine as long as they went back in the terrarium though, right? Also, found what seems to be a rosetted sundew hanging out with them, at the very least it didn't have the massive root system that the lance leaf did. Should I put that in with my VFTs, five or six other sundews, and pitcher plants when I get to repotting them this weekend, or should each of those CPs go in its own pot?

Small adelae often have oval leaves, your mystery drosera (that an image would make easier) could just be an adelae off shoot or seedling, also adelae are pretty tough plants, breaking a few roots won't do much providing they were healthy, you can also use the broken bits as cuttings, they are not as good as leaf cuttings yield wise but they are still easy.

It's about the size of a quarter, but doesn't look like the other two D-Adelae plantlets there, which were a bit taller and had longer roots. I'll get a picture up soon, I was away yesterday so I couldn't get a side by side.

Back