Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: mildew ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsmanshorn View Post
    If you can bring your plant upstairs and put it in a sunny window, one that gets 5+ hours of direct sun, you could solve a lot of your problems. If you can't you can't but it would be a big help.
    i would love to , but i live with my father who is a heavy smoker, and all the plants up stairs seem to die ..even plants like spider (Chorophytum cososum bonnie) that i got to filter the air so i have no choice , also he doesnt seem to like the windows to be ti bright.
    vampire i guess ;]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w03 View Post
    A terra-cotta pot might not encourage mold in a top-watering scenario, but the plant in question is watered using the tray system. Both the soil and pot will become saturated with water, and the porous nature of the terra-cotta pot will ensure that it stays wet as hcarlton mentioned, and encourage mold growth.
    well got my plant repotted , it alot smaller now after moving it, and i put a glass tube over it to help with things. pics:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That glass cover will increase humidity, but that's not going to help the plant. Once acclimated sundews will live in household humidity, the only thing it absolutely needs is the light change now. The extra humidity without good light will just make mold grow faster, and if you put the plant into any place with sun and you keep that on it will cook too.
    Everything has a reason, whether big or small. Never underestimate the power of what is or is not.
    There is far more to everything than meets the eye.
    Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarlton View Post
    That glass cover will increase humidity, but that's not going to help the plant. Once acclimated sundews will live in household humidity, the only thing it absolutely needs is the light change now. The extra humidity without good light will just make mold grow faster, and if you put the plant into any place with sun and you keep that on it will cook too.
    it has window light and a led desk light, what else is there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try moving the desk lamp closer to the plant (or vice versa). Desklamps generally have pretty low output, so I would keep the bulb very close to the plant (several inches away).
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by w03 View Post
    Try moving the desk lamp closer to the plant (or vice versa). Desklamps generally have pretty low output, so I would keep the bulb very close to the plant (several inches away).
    3-5" away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that glass container closed at the top? If it is a completely enclosed dome you risk roasting your plant when that window gets direct sunlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashoke View Post
    Is that glass container closed at the top? If it is a completely enclosed dome you risk roasting your plant when that window gets direct sunlight.
    no its not

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast