1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that a dog or a cat?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe "it's a dog Jim but not as we know it ", don't scale him off the ruler use the football
    Last edited by corky; 05-05-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As you asked nicely corky this is how some of the plants are as of 5 mins ago. The longer leaves are only about 12" so they have a bit of growing to do yet.

Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely Fred , please show some more pics when they are in full swing. As you have said my outdoor plant is well behind ony about 2" leaves at the moment . The indoor plant never died back , just slowed down over winter. What time of year do yours normally flower. Also do you think because the indoor plant is flowering its a sustainable way to keep it indoors and slowing down rather than going into dormant buds. Thanks for the pics , ooh one more , how large have you managed to get one to grow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest corky, you're asking me questions I can't really be too accurate with. The plants are so easy they look after themselves so I don't give them a great deal of attention, I just top up the water trays as necessary. I have had leaves well in excess of 12" but not bothered to take a tape in. I'm much more interested in a healthy looking plant. They've been with me for 27 years and always in the same place, They'll need to start waving to get more attention
    You need to keep nudging me as this year progresses and we'll get your answers then.
    With the plant kept in growth I can't help with that question as I've always allowed my plants to go dormant when it suited them and not forced them to keep growing over winter at all.
    Last edited by fredg; 05-05-2015 at 11:51 AM.
    Fred

Quot Homines Tot Sententiae

http://fredg.boards.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers , and expect a future nudge. I will keep one growing on my windowsill and see how life pans out for it and also keep the outside plant of course. I kept one inside incase my little propagator blew away or some other natural disaster
    Last edited by corky; 05-05-2015 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite the amazing collection, Fred! I'll be looking forward to more pics and info as well.

Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    Hehe "it's a dog Jim but not as we know it ", don't scale him off the ruler use the football
    - Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of update pics , the plant kept growing indoors over winter has opened its first flower and the larger plant kept outside that went dormant has multiple flower stalks on the way but still very behind if you check in Fred it would be great if you had time to share some pics of your plants looking at the flower 3 hours later and the pollen on the top left anther seems to of gone fluffy , with wishful thinking I pollinated it
    Last edited by corky; 06-21-2015 at 09:58 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast