Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some Drosera help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need some Drosera help

Hi folks.

I am looking for somebody who is sort of an expert in Drosera. I have a project I am working on that I am not really allowed to discuss in public until the production is complete. I can say my part of the project involves some sundews (a rather rare species to cultivate), and I am running into some issues and could use some advice, I can give more information out in direct email. In a nutshell, im not happy with the growth, they should be looking a lot livelier, and they are lacking the "dew". I have about 15 live specimens and quite a few questions. I will be happy to go over in detail the information i have about them, their living conditions, etc.

I am hoping to find a good "Go to" person for information and experience with this species, and if we are able to get these up and running when my project is over i would be happy to send you some of these lil guys.

If anybody is interested please send me a PM.

Thank you!

-Chris

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds ominous...

What species are we talking about? Someone might be an expert for African Drosera but not for temperate sundews, or pygmies, or the Petiolaris complex, or ..., you know?
    Last edited by marcus_r; 08-05-2015 at 11:07 AM.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    I have a project I am working on that I am not really allowed to discuss in public until the production is complete. I can say my part of the project involves some sundews (a rather rare species to cultivate), and I am running into some issues and could use some advice,

If anybody is interested please send me a PM.

Thank you!

-Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus_r View Post
    Sounds ominous...

What species are we talking about? Someone might be an expert for African Drosera but not for temperate sundews, or pygmies, or the Petiolaris complex, or ..., you know?
    I don't think he wants to discuss in public the species in question. If you are interested I suggest you PM him along with some of your qualifications of growing the pickier Drosera species.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Not a Number View Post
    I don't think he wants to discuss in public the species in question. If you are interested I suggest you PM him along with some of your qualifications of growing the pickier Drosera species.
    Just suggesting that, if there's a little more information, even if short of revealing the species, Chronos might have more success in locating the right person.
    I do admit that I phrased my earlier post poorly. Sorry for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah unfortunately I am not supposed to discuss anything about the project in public, what I am hoping is somebody who has experience with tropical sundews. I do not expect I would be able to find anyone who has grown this particular species, but they might have grown similar things and be able to give me some pointers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you can provide even the general group (South American, African winter-growing, tuberous, etc.) it would greatly help pin down who to ask without revealing your species.

As an overall note, when growing the pickier Drosera you can expect a need for certain temperature conditions, regular feeding, specific dormancy requirements, controlling photoperiod/light levels, or some combination of the above.
    Last edited by w03; 08-05-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    "Potential has a shelf life." -Margaret Atwood
    My meager growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm I wonder what the species is. Of course I have my hopes, I heard some of a certain species recently entered cultivation lol. Either way, tropical is kind of a broad group. South African are different from Australian, which are also different from Brazilian/South American. A region (or list of similar species) would be helpful.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than trying to play Twenty Questions my best suggestion is that if you believe you can help then list in a PM to Chronos the tropical species that you successfully grow (3+ years - if you can get them to flower so much the better).

Chronos may have a non-disclosure agreement of some sort.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast